New look of the board

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
RojoCohete

New look of the board

Post by RojoCohete »

Well I'm not liking this new look at all....it's very disorientating

and why are the usernames on the right now?
kabootist

Re: New look of the board

Post by kabootist »

I second the wierdness and somewhat disliking of the boards.
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

It doesn't seem that hard to get used to. . .

Don D
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

This is a default phpBB3 theme, that is why.

I can make/mod us a pretty one if we like.
Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I'm pretty used to it by now, all but one of the other boards I post to use the same default settings................
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
saturn

Post by saturn »

I'm diggin it!
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

RojoCohete wrote:Well I'm not liking this new look at all....it's very disorientating

and why are the usernames on the right now?
Ditto
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

Does anybody have some nice quality pics of some group gatherings? Ideally just cars, perhaps lined up at a Sonic or...something?
Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

kenshin138 wrote:Does anybody have some nice quality pics of some group gatherings? Ideally just cars, perhaps lined up at a Sonic or...something?
Have you looked thru the pics in the club's photobucket account? Might be something there...

You might also check would be with Bentley (matti). He put together a great panoramic from a Sonic gathering in Leavenworth. There is also a nice group photo on the club's homepage at www.kcminiclub.com if you were looking for consistency in theme. I am not sure who that photo belongs to. Ddmini may have some nice group shots, too, perhaps some with local cars in not-so-local places?

That's just a little surface scratch to get things moving...we've got so many great photographers in the club, some pros and some that should be pros. :)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Kenshin138--

Did you find any photos that would work for you?
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

I too am not too thrilled with the look and layout of the new board. :snooze: I'll have to go with the look of the previous board cause it's old like me! :lol:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

Kind of, most of them were too low-res to be of much use. I started fooling around with a theme but its kind of fallen through the cracks at the moment. :oops:

Using a sandbox forum setup on my wifes hosting account here: http://www.feystudios.com/test/

Just to get an idea of what I worked up thus far, thats using an official MINI image.
Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

That's pretty cool!

Can you add the KC MINI Club text up in the banner?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

Yea, I hadn't gotten around to incorporating the site name into it at all yet.
Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

kenshin138 wrote:Kind of, most of them were too low-res to be of much use. I started fooling around with a theme but its kind of fallen through the cracks at the moment. :oops:

Using a sandbox forum setup on my wifes hosting account here: http://www.feystudios.com/test/

Just to get an idea of what I worked up thus far, thats using an official MINI image.
I like it!

PM sent with some photo info.
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

kenshin138 wrote:Does anybody have some nice quality pics of some group gatherings? Ideally just cars, perhaps lined up at a Sonic or...something?

I have some pictures here, and here. Some are of national events and some are KC events.
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

OK, if you refresh that test board link you should see some updates. Thanks to ddmini for pictures!

If you refresh the page it should cycle between 5 different top banner images for now. Ideally we can swap in some new ones from time to time and retire old shots to keep things feeling fresh on the site (vs. a static banner that never changes).
Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

kenshin138 wrote:OK, if you refresh that test board link you should see some updates. Thanks to ddmini for pictures!

If you refresh the page it should cycle between 5 different top banner images for now. Ideally we can swap in some new ones from time to time and retire old shots to keep things feeling fresh on the site (vs. a static banner that never changes).
I hope Bentley will pop in here with some of his pictures! I never realized that I almost never take pictures without people in them. I uploaded some more to http://picasaweb.google.com/ddminikc if you want to take a look.
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra