engine (motor) mount

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

engine (motor) mount

Post by davester »

Today, Minidave and I installed a upper motor mount in Stubby. The job was not bad at all. The hardest part was cleaning the brown goo from the rail and behind the wheel well liner. Maybe an hour and half but like I said, the cleaning and removing the liner took the majority of the time. Had to have a special female torx socket for the underside. If anyone needs the socket, I have it. A big thanks to Minidave for all his help.......d
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: engine (motor) mount

Post by Minidave »

Happy to help. Image

Just my opinion, but I really think you could do this job without removing the fender liner and wheel, as long as you can jack the car up enough to get under it, I think you could snake the appropriate extension and socket up from the bottom and save a bunch of work. Anyway, as Dave says, not a hard job at all, so if any of you lose a mount and want to save some $$$ you definitely can DIY this..........borrow the special socket (I'd never seen one of these before ) from Davester or buy your own for less than $4 from Clark Tool.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)