MINIDREAMS SAYS HI

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
MINIDREAMS

MINIDREAMS SAYS HI

Post by MINIDREAMS »

Hi everyone...New member to the Mini Club, and new Mini owner...I've loved these cars since the 80s, seeing and desiring the originals folks collected while I was stationed in Japan with the Air Force back then. They were always really expensive there. When the new design came out in 02, I vowed that one will be mine someday...thus the MINIDREAMS usename; I finally made it happen. To me...the MINI is the ultimate driving machine...okay...BMW still gets a lot of credit. I Spent last Wednesday down at Baron getting to know everyone...and talking to Todd while he added my stripes...what a wonderful family they all are! I'll be seeing Samer again on my Birthday this May for some more add-ons as well. My Mini came to me by way of a foolish purchase by a man with more money than brains...he traded it in for a Hyundai Genesis!!! That's right, after only driving it for 12 days...McCarthy Hyundai gave him a loss of about 12K for it back in Sep of 09...I found it through Autotrader and watched the price drop for 6 agonizing months until I just couldn't stand it any more and made the dealership an offer which they accepted, then I drove my 2009 MINI Cooper S home. The reason this car is so special and was ment for me later I found is because it actually rejected its previous owner after only about 350 miles! I won't go into it...but if you describe this story to Samer at Baron...He'll tell you, it's hilarious! I must have the Mini version to HERBIE, haha! Hope to see you all out motoring soon...I'll put a picture of "Herbie" on here when I can figure out how.
L-8ter...
Steve... :D
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: MINIDREAMS SAYS HI

Post by kenshin138 »

Nothing wrong at all with a Genesis.

Plenty wrong with trading a car after only 12 days...

Grats on the MINI.
Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

What a find! Used car price for what is actually a new car. Congrats and we cannot wait to see pictures of your new, beautiful car. :D
MINIDREAMS

Post by MINIDREAMS »

Thanks guys, you're right about the Genesis, very nice cars...but his value to loss ratio (Mini 37K Genesis 27K)...ouch! toeknee you have an awesome car! I wanted and looked at a few of those checkmate editions throught ebay and came so close many times...I was just afraid of the warranty being gone and the JCWs were still pretty pricey! I hope to add the JCW stage one to mine someday soon... :mrgreen:
Thanks or the reply!
Best...
Steve
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Welcome to our little group. Hope to see you at the gatherings---
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Congrats on the new Mini :)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
MINI-me

Post by MINI-me »

Welcome to the club! If you would like to socialize with miniacs from around the country and have a lot of fun too, consider going to Denver this August for a major MINI event called Mini Takes The States 2010 (MTTS 2010). You'll see updates on this forum. Stay tuned...
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

welcome! Hope to hear the story. So tell us more about "Herbie" what options did you get?
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

MINIDREAMS wrote: toeknee you have an awesome car! I wanted and looked at a few of those checkmate editions throught ebay and came so close many times...I was just afraid of the warranty being gone and the JCWs were still pretty pricey! I hope to add the JCW stage one to mine someday soon... :mrgreen:
Thanks or the reply!
Best...
Steve

We originally had an '03 S with some mods, chili red and white. We found the Checkmate on the internet, used, from a young man who was very motivated to see as he had purchased a one series BMW and was taking delivery. Ask Ivan sometime about his trip to get her, but it was a mess. I love the car, though, it is what motivated me to learn to drive a stick shift and I refuse to part with it because I love it so much. The JCW upgrades are well worth it, but I understand your concerns about costs, they are pricey. :)
MINIDREAMS

Post by MINIDREAMS »

Answer to Tom (KCMINIMAN)...Let me refine my signature per your request.
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

awesome find! hope to meet you soon and again welcome.
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.