Hi all, new member

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
MiniMax
MINIAC
MINIAC

Hi all, new member

Post by MiniMax »

I have just recently jumped in the world of the mini with a 2008 Silver Clubby. I got it used with only 9,000 miles on it. It looked like it had been garaged the whole time. When I told my co-worker that I had recently bought a Mini, his first response was "Oh no, you aren't going to become one or THOSE people, are you?". I didn't understand what he meant at first, but over the past few weeks, I think I am being to catch the bug. I think what cinched it for me was 2 weeks ago when I drove down to my in-laws in Rolla, MO ( in the Ozarks, for those that don't know). I found a few river roads down there that changed the way I looked at driving. Who needs, rollercosters or World of fun when you can have a full tank of gas and some twisties to run. I now understand why people roam the forums and dream about mods. While I haven't taken much of a plunge yet, I plan on doing some mods in the future. The first one I wanted to get the opinion of you guys. I want to tint the sunroof and windows. I checked in with Baron, but would you guys use some one independently? Any recommend people? I also think I suffer from the driver side window dipper problem. I saw alot of comments in the NAM forum. Anyone else had that similar issue? I am due for a service at Baron next week. I've never really had good luck with dealerships (but then again, I've never owned a Mini). Please let me know any good resources to help me out, I'll try to make it to some of the gatherings but we recently had our 3rd child and our house is a little busy (yes, I realize that a mini isn't the best for 3 kids, but I didn't buy it for them.)

Max
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Hi all, new member

Post by S-car-go »

Welcome to the club and the world of MINI or Mini. I think you'll find your car to be one of the most enjoyable vehicles you ever owned if not the most enjoyable. The club is like a big family and it is great to get together an talk about our wonderful auto's. I got my windows tinted from Baron when I bought my car for $250.00, thats not bad and they did a great job. I have nothing but positive things to say about baron. They do alot for the Mini community and they treat thier customers better that any dealer I have delt with before. Watch the post, we have some kinda get together every month. Hope to see you and the family at some of them :D

Kirk AKA S-car-go
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Welcome!

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Welcome! Congrats on the Clubman!

Sorry, I'm a pretty new resident in KC and don't have any recommendations on tinting. In Des Moines, I could probably come up with a recommendation. Still learning about the vendors here in KC.

As far as Baron goes, I've always had mixed results from when we bought our first MINI there in March 2002 to today. Always seems to be different service writers and mechanics and varying levels of customer service and attention to detail. Then again, it has been 8 years - that's a long time.

Lately? They've treated me well and done good work. So I wouldn't hesitate to take my MINI there if it were still under warranty.

Anyway, welcome, glad you found us. We also have a Facebook page if you want to link up with us there. Search for "KC MINI Enthusiasts".
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Welcome to the madness! :mrgreen:

I also would like to chime in and say Baron has been very good to me - I've bought 2 cars from them, an '03 JCW and my current '09 Clubman S and my service experiences have all been positive. No hesitation in recommending them at all!

Ask for Isaac in service.......
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Many club members have their work done at Auto Glass and Tint Shop. Actually, Baron farms it out to them for tint and windshields. Just mention you are a member of our Mini Cooper club and they will treat you right. Welcome to our group. We are having a gathering this Thursday, 6pm at Jason's Deli in the northland.viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2044
Here is a link to the tint shop http://kansascity.citysearch.com/profil ... leTab-maps
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

Welcome! I feel you in that I became one of THOSE people when I learned to drive the MINI Ivan (Kabootist around here) bought and drove back from New York. She is now my baby and I adore driving her (though I do think we are some of the few in the club who have not named their car) and a lot of my friends find it odd that I am obsessed with a car, but it is well worth the strange looks when I explain that I was at a club event.

Again, welcome and do try to make it to some of the events. Some are shorter than others and they are usually on different days and at different times to try and accommodate different schedules. We are much more fun in person than online. :)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

I second Davester's tinting recommendation. They tinted the windows in my MINI 3 years ago and I have had no problems--not even on the back window in a cabrio, a window known for aftermarket tint issues.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Welcome to the club. :) I've been wanting to get my windows tinted too. LOL About the drivers side dipper problem, I just got mine fixed at Baron so they shouldn't have any problem fixing yours. Just requires a reflash of the computer....which resets all your settings and radio presets :(
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
cdecker78

Post by cdecker78 »

Welcome! As for tint I have taken all my cars to Tint Masters on North Oak Tfwy in Gladstone. The have always done the cleanest looking tint job. (I'm very picky) They done my Clubby for $160 you would probably have to add 20 or 30 for the sunroof. I have not had my done yet. Again WELCOME and happy motoring!
MINI-me

Post by MINI-me »

Welcome to the club MiniMax. Besides being monthly local meets right here in KC, miniacs from around the country have regional events that are a lot of fun for the whole family. This year a rather epic event is happening right in our own backyard called Mini-Takes-The-States (MTTS). Even if you don't have the time to rally to Denver in August with hundreds of other Minis, Kansas City will be a rally point with some local activities that your family may enjoy. You can read more about it right here on our forum: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2054

We all hope to see you at a local meet; meantime, motor on!
MINImalist
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MINImalist »

Welcome....

You mention the driver's window dip. Mine at one time did not roll up all the way. Baron fixed it with, I believe a computer update.
I don't have a full tint beyond what the factory gave me, although I had an 'eyebrow tint' put on the upper few inches of the windshield.
This is basically a dark film that is glued to the inside of the glass.

Happy motoring !
SPAARKY:Had R56 MCS, Born 6/2008 BUT traded for an F56 in 2/2017.
R56 repairs: Turbo oil line leak,Timing Chain/Tensioner at 26K,46K, also needed at 105K. Big repair bill caused me to trade it off for the F56.