autocross 4/6/14

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

autocross 4/6/14

Post by nine5raptor »

Anyone going out to the SCCA event tomorrow? I may be going out to spectate and get a feel for the place. Still need to dig out my helmet and read the rules prior to trying my hand! :lol:
2010 MCS CR/W with some custom vinyl, JCW sport suspension (minus FSB), CNT cat back, Add a brake, Alta AP, Devil's Own H2O/Meth Injection, random other little stuff, and some good ol' mud flaps
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: autocross 4/6/14

Post by Minidave »

Where's it at? Might be fun to go out and spectate a bit.....also what time do they start?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by nine5raptor »

BRCCs precision driving school in independence. First car runs at 10am. I'll find a link to it real quick.

Edit: link: http://msreg.com/kcrevent1
2010 MCS CR/W with some custom vinyl, JCW sport suspension (minus FSB), CNT cat back, Add a brake, Alta AP, Devil's Own H2O/Meth Injection, random other little stuff, and some good ol' mud flaps
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by nine5raptor »

Will Taz be running this event?

Edit: I see him and many other MINIs signed up :D
Sspreso
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Sspreso »

Good to meet you in person nine5raptor. I apologize for not talking more with you, but after the nearly 3 hours of standing out on course I was wiped. We are running again this Sunday.
-John Herrman
2012 JCW Coupe aka 'Taz'
-If you car doesn't try to kill you, it's under modded.
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by nine5raptor »

No problem! I was curious to see your car and the setup out there. Last time I was at an autocross event was about 12 years ago at Arrowhead. The number of cars seemed to be many more from what I remember and I like the layout used. Less options for spectators, but more room to run the cars.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

So..........results?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Sspreso
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Sspreso »

Top 3 times were by a Mini. I was able to win my class despite a boost leak. Did find the source of it too, so a very productive weekend. Loving the new OS Giken LSD. I kept forgetting to press the gas more.
-John Herrman
2012 JCW Coupe aka 'Taz'
-If you car doesn't try to kill you, it's under modded.