Was That You....

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I saw the 007 Mellow Yellow Mini on NB 71 by 150. It still has the 007 decals on it from the March release party.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

I've lived in Gardner for about 9 months now and never seen a Mini here, and then today I see two!

Main St. @ Elm at 12:30pm: Gold MC, no stripes

Moonlight road @ the Embarq store, 12:40pm: met the nice owner of a '07 Orange MCC and told her about this club/forum. :)

Still looking to spot ylwjkt's Mini :)
I'm not affiliated with Baron MINI, they just happen to use the same title. :wink:
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Today at the Legends, PW MCc in the Time Warner "Home to the Future" exhibit. They had red velvet ropes around the car and a sign leaning against it. :shock:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Tonight in Mission Hills near the Kansas City Country Club, Hot Orange MCc. Great night to watch fireworks!!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I cruised thru the Baron lot on Sat morning and saw the Oasis Tan car in the lot with no plates - traded or sold?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Minidave wrote:I cruised thru the Baron lot on Sat morning and saw the Oasis Tan car in the lot with no plates - traded or sold?

Did you notice Ruska? She's been there on her second 10+ day vacation in the past month.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Well, there were a lot of MINI's in the parking lot, sometimes it's hard to tell the customers from the trade-ins from the used cars...........long answer, no. But she may have been parked over in the service area. I was only cruising thru the used car lot area.

What's the matter with poor Ruska?

And I saw two MINI's today, a silver one on K-10, westbound - I flashed my lites but I couldn't tell if I got a wave or not, BUT....

A little later on 87th st near Antioch, a CR and the driver waved! YAY!
Finally a response! :lol:

I think it must have to do with being in town vs on the hiway. It's hard to get a glimpse in heavy hiway traffic...... and I'm mostly on the hiway.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Wow! three more MINI's on the way home tonight, and all three waved!

The usual Blue/white

A Silver/black and

A black cabrio

all going west on K-10 tonight a little after 4 pm..............
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

Tuesday, July 3 around 4pm, followed a Green MC with KS plate MOUSE from 435 west onto 35 south where I promptly passed her, waved (she didn't see me :(), and went on my way.

July 4 around 3:30pm in Gardner, saw a Silver MC(S?) parked at the aquatic center. Then saw a dark Blue MC(S?) with white bonnet stripes heading west along Main St. Flashed my headlights (I was test driving an Oxygen Blue w/ black roof and bonnet stripes) but he didn't see me I guess.

I really need to pay attention to whether it's an MC or MCS ;)
I'm not affiliated with Baron MINI, they just happen to use the same title. :wink:
ylwjkt

Post by ylwjkt »

HB/W MCS parked on Main St (?) in Parkville July 4th around
10 AM - during the parade. I panned the crowd anxiously hoping
to find Marlow Main, but to no avail. I was in the counterfeit, so you
may not have recognized me. 8)

We need to participate in that parade next year. The Miata club had
quite a showing. Surely we can out-do them. :D
Last edited by ylwjkt on Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Hello ylwjkt,

I was sitting in the row of chairs on Main St, behind my sister's Caliber.
The Scions all looked great, I wondered if one of them was you.

I agree, we need to be in the PV arade next year. Parkville always
has a nice 4th. I can look into getting us all in if anyone is interested.

Marlow
sliboa
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sliboa »

I got a nod from a silk green Cooper on westbound 435 around 7:30 this morning.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

I'm Cory and I'm CANADIAN
ylwjkt

Post by ylwjkt »

CR/B MC at the stop light on Quivira at 87th around 4 PM on Friday.

I also got third-hand reports from family members of a CR/B with temp
tag now residing in Gardner. That's 5 in the past month. :shock:

I spoke to the owners of a white 1978 classic Leyland Mini with a Union Jack roof at the Spring Hill Sonic cruise night last night. I gave them a club card and and they are planning on joining us on the 19th. :P
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Club Cards? There's a good idea, we should all carry some for that odd chance encounter.........let me know how I can get some...........

I saw a Blue Cabrio about 5 pm Saturday at the McD's in Desoto
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Minidave wrote:Club Cards? There's a good idea, we should all carry some for that odd chance encounter.........let me know how I can get some...........
Club cards will be available at the next meet. A new batch has arrived. Yippee!! :)

Johnna
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Excellent!

Put me down for a small handfull, please.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

ragtopday wrote:
Minidave wrote:Club Cards? There's a good idea, we should all carry some for that odd chance encounter.........let me know how I can get some...........
Club cards will be available at the next meet. A new batch has arrived. Yippee!! :)

Johnna
I won't be able to make it to the July meeting. Do you think I could get some at the August meeting?
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
oh-behave

Post by oh-behave »

I live in Downtown Parkville and I see that HB often, there is also the CR that belongs to the guy that owns the Photo studio down there and there is a B/B S that is a recent acquisition for a couple that live in the WildWood West sub-division. oh and then there is us.... the lulu's mini PW/PW Girl decals on the side, I eventually quit waving cause no one seemed to notice :( .

My recent siting is of a CR MCs rolling into Clinton MO, on our way to go comping. it had a single pipe coming out of that center cutout, I don't think they were running a muffler.... it sounded awesome! we did exchange waves. If I wasn't so polite in traffic I could have played with them for a while, wouldn't have been able to keep up though. :lol:

if anyone sees a Pearl white Audi Urs4 around the north land, lend a wave, you'll get one back.

Cheers,

Orien
ylwjkt

Post by ylwjkt »

CR/W MC at the CVS 87 and Lackman yesterday afternoon. Lynn- was that you?

Then as I was leaving, HB/W MCS with custom bonnet and boot stripes
WB on 87 St. I think it was HB - I'm not too good at identifying all the new blues yet. 8)

Today I spied a HB/B MCS (?) with temp tag on 87 at the Quivira stop light. Congrats on your new addition. :D
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I saw Petek's mini at his house today in Raymore. :) Mini looks good. I thought it was for sale for a minute. It was parked in the yard under a tree. I stopped and looked at it.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ylwjkt

Post by ylwjkt »

CR/CR MC Saturday 133 and Metcalf. Later spied a CR/W and CR/B
in my travels - and even a SG/W on Center St in Gardner. Not
one wave. :cry: :cry:

I was following the Hotwheels counterfeit. One of the CR was following a counterfeit as well. What a strange coincidence. What a stranger coincidence the counterfeits waved to each other. :roll:
petek

Post by petek »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:I saw Petek's mini at his house today in Raymore. :) Mini looks good. I thought it was for sale for a minute. It was parked in the yard under a tree. I stopped and looked at it.
Yep, my MINI and under a tree is a nice shady place to park. :)

I was showing half of the duplex to a perspective new renter. Anyone looking for a place to rent, send me an email. ;)
slow

Post by slow »

If you see a black-on-black MCS with South Carolina tags it's me. Just bought it off my dad and absolutely love it! I'm usually around Downtown KC, Overland Park/Olathe, and North KC (girlfriend). Be careful, I'll wave!
sliboa
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sliboa »

I saw a BRG/W MC, in the parking lot of the Hyvee on Rice road off of 291 in Lee's Summit, tonight around 9.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

I'm Cory and I'm CANADIAN
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Saw a PW/B MC going North on Renner yesterday...gave a honk and a wave but got a blank stare in return :(

Also saw a very nice DS MC off 51st St in Westwood...looked like a great addition to the house! :lol: