Heartland Park Touring Laps - September Results

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

Ok. I think this one is better. I've re-edited it and it seems to be somewhat better - although not great.

This was the first of three sessions that day.
Pay special attention that Mustang...

Part of 1 of 2. I'll have the other one up in a few.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5211&hl=en

Alex
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

Here is the second video - it's a bit better (again, not great) and Dave was going a bit faster. If you look at between turns 2 and 3 and just after you'll see the rain storm that passed through.

I think the only one of us you don't see up close is Petek. Toward the end you can see him way up front - he was smooth and fast, but Dave was closing in on him.

...and once again the Mustang "inserted" himself.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4916&hl=en

I'm working on a setup for my car that will be similar to what Dave has for the October outing - might make for some pretty good video with a bit of editing.

Alex
sliboa
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sliboa »

That's some great footage. It's neat to be able to see my lap from outside my car. I can see a few places where I was braking too early and for too long, and where I wasn't really hitting the apex. Definitely some things to think about for next time when I can hopefully be much smoother.

Thanks Dave for taking the video and Alex for editing it and putting it up.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

I'm Cory and I'm CANADIAN
petek

Post by petek »

ROFLMAO!

The "exhaust note" of the Mustang was something that I never really noticed before! :lol:
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

Just you wait!!!

I believe we'll be able to hear a subtle exhaust note for the Cobra in October!!! :wink:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Fun stuff there Alex! Well done.........

sliboa, that's the whole point of the exercise, to learn how to do this well and smoothly. Next time, and every time after, you'll do better........
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Very nice. I can't wait until the Oct. event. Love the mustang sound fx. Petek and I had a camaro slowing us down on a few laps--I think it was session II.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I wish I was up with you guys. I think I have an exhaust note :wink: for a Camaro!