MINI Takes the States 2010

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
MiniReD1

Re: MINI Takes the States 2010

Post by MiniReD1 »

Ok thanks! Not sure I can make it by then but wanted to see all the MINI's :D Would love to take some pics too!
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

planning on stopping by baron this afternoon also. wondering who is leading..if anyone.. the k5 run......
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Baron Ken »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:I'd like to see about 200 MINI's try to squeeze into Baron's parking lot. :lol:
Speaking of which, I plan to be there but have no idea where to go, etc. Is there a specific place we need to park, etc.?
I'm not affiliated with Baron MINI, they just happen to use the same title. :wink:
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

somewhere around the mini n bmw lot. they'll prob have sign's
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

guess'n they will have food there since it's called "taste of kc".. but can't wait that long...n need of food! c everyone there about 2.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

mannn 103 degree's out n don't wanna know what the heat index is...lol. gr8 time, peep's n food at baron's mini. niffty look'n new countryman and new color. c everyone n the morn at cracker barrell... err i mean... behind cracker barrel...lol.
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

To all of you heading out to Colorado, I hope you have a safe trip and a great time. Take lots of photo so you can post them on the site :) Happy motoring
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I'm so excited!!! I'm all packed up, just have to finish putting things in the MINI in the morning. :D
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I am packing tomorrow for my 60 mile journey :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

We're here!

It was a long ride, and the Mini-Poopers were none too happy about being cooped up so long in their crate, but overall the trip was relatively event free - which is a good thing!

We're staying at the Vintage and there are dozens of dogs here.............dog friendly area indeed!

One thing I absolutely do not understand, we saw 2 MINIs within the first half hour out of KC, and we did not see another till we pulled into the parking lot at the Vintage! Not one! None on the open road, none as we drove thru Denver, none on the road up to the hotel - not one! Amazing!

Of course the parking lot is well filled with all manner of MINI! :mrgreen:

We're getting settled in, stuff put away, dogs fed and now they're working on a good bone each.

Tomorrow we'll go on our first run, the weather is cool - 49* right now but it feels great to me after the last so many weeks of heat and humididity in KC!

We have a 2 bedroom suite in case anyone decides to drop by, rm 421-423
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

S-car-go wrote:To all of you heading out to Colorado, I hope you have a safe trip and a great time. Take lots of photo so you can post them on the site :) Happy motoring
awwww..we'll miss u guy's. we're all load'd n headed to cracker barrell n just a few. we'll have lot's of pic's of the high mtn's posted as we go.
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Been seing a lot of loaded up MINI's on the hwy, even today! Some waived, some didn't. Hope you're all having fun out there!
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I had tons of fun!! :) Was great seeing all the Mini's and getting lots of stuff for my Mini. :)
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

S-car-go wrote:To all of you heading out to Colorado, I hope you have a safe trip and a great time. Take lots of photo so you can post them on the site :) Happy motoring

Lots of pics on Motoringfile.com and other news.
Mr. F56
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

We're still in Colorado for one more day, here's where we were today!
Attachments
IMG_0939R.jpg
IMG_0939R.jpg (73.69 KiB) Viewed 27170 times
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Dave - Very nice!!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

The 2010 MTTS was my first large MINI event. It was fun to see the vast array of cars and owners. I now see that there are brand ambassadors who are much more LOYAL to MINI than myself. (I thought I loved my car excessively, but sheesh... I'm only in little league compared to these fanatics.)

Minimaniac-
It was nice to finally meet you and I'm sorry that the RedRocks mass start sent us in different directions. I was hoping to cross paths with you on the way up to Nederland or Estes Park...

I'm really, really glad I drove the '06MINI instead of the P'up. The Sunday I70 marathon would have been pretty taxing with all the excitement the P'up offers.

IowaMini-
Thanks for introducing me to all your MTTS buddies and caravaning with me. (just think, we each have one of those highly coveted MTTS garage flags!)
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

dimini wrote:
IowaMini-
Thanks for introducing me to all your MTTS buddies and caravaning with me. (just think, we each have one of those highly coveted MTTS garage flags!)
Enjoyed the road and the food -- great to travel with you. What MTTS flag are you talking about? I don't know anything about a flag. :mrgreen:

All about being the right place at the right time, yes?
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
sugaroni

Post by sugaroni »

Thanks to iowamini, too, and all the KC MINI enthusiasts that I met at MTTS. I had a blast at MTTS and it was my first introduction into the MINI community. I couldn't have asked for a better introduction to how awesome the MINI community is!
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

It was great meeting dmini and iowamini at MTTS! Don't worry, the Weaver crew will be back in KS/MO!!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

MiniManiac wrote:It was great meeting dmini and iowamini at MTTS! Don't worry, the Weaver crew will be back in KS/MO!!
Sorry I didn't get to meet you there. :( Hopefully I'll get to meet you once you get back to KC. :)
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

I ran into a few of you guys while at Winter Park and Infinity Park. and looking to be out in the KC area for a weekend in september.

This is how my MITM/MTTS started off friday afternoon. High HP + cheap axles = EXPLODING CV JOINTS

Saturday morning the guys at Schomp MINI had a new factory axle for me and I assisted in the swap while they were needing to pack up to move to Infinity Park.

Sunday morning drive home
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Finally! A tow hook being used for what it was intended! :D

Punk_Mini, I don't know how I missed you all weekend in Colorado, but I'm glad they got you running again.

So, now that you're past the break-in mileage, how does your new engine run? I'd love to see you come up and meet us at Heartland Park for some hot laps, and I'd like to catch a ride in your car there now that you've pretty much got it sorted out.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I saw punkminis car in Denver. The girls loved your colorful zipties that hold the front bumper together :lol:
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

They caught us on the parade run, 300 or so MINIs parked sideways all the way down the main street in Winter Park - fun!

You can just see the top of Noel's head in the driver's window, she was riding in my lap for this short run... :D
Attachments
972701297_VFgUX-L.jpg
972701297_VFgUX-L.jpg (131.63 KiB) Viewed 27103 times
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"