Was That You....

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I think I saw that same PW going west on K-10.......I was driving my stealth Lexus so they paid no attention to me.

Glad I got my MINI back from Baron last night, I was going thru withdrawals...........after 1 day! :lol:

I saw a CR/CR eastbound on K-10 on my way to work this am......
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
sliboa
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sliboa »

I saw a velvet red w/white roof today on northbound 291. I think that's the first time I've ever seen that color, not counting in a picture.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

I'm Cory and I'm CANADIAN
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

7/22/07, Saw a CR/CR Coop with "REDBIRD" plate in the parking lot of the Mission HyVee at 3:30-4ish. Tagged with a card.

I didn't see it posted here, but Terry and Maggie tagged my car outside of the Town Center Plaza Barnes and Noble sometime Friday. I was there for the new Harry Potter book, so I didn't see the card until 12:30 am Saturday. :D
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

Jack is THE Todd Pearson Signature Series #2 2006 MCSm HB w. Sport/Cold and iPod adapter.
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

7/23/07, 17:18: I spied a CR/vert. with a union jack across the top of the windshield. Not sure if this was Johnna or not as it was traveling South on Metcalf at about 76th St and I was traveling North. Tried to wave but it happened quick.
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

Jack is THE Todd Pearson Signature Series #2 2006 MCSm HB w. Sport/Cold and iPod adapter.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

mzupon wrote:7/23/07, 17:18: I spied a CR/vert. with a union jack across the top of the windshield. Not sure if this was Johnna or not as it was traveling South on Metcalf at about 76th St and I was traveling North. Tried to wave but it happened quick.
I saw you, too, around 81st and Metcalf! My passenger shouted out "Hey look! It's JACK!" It's bad when your boring-car-driving friends are in on the craziness. :lol:

Johnna
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

I saw you, too, around 81st and Metcalf! My passenger shouted out "Hey look! It's JACK!" It's bad when your boring-car-driving friends are in on the craziness. Laughing
That's not bad. That's Be-YOU-tiful.
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

I saw a CR/W MCS yesterday around noon just north of 95th and Lackman...waved but not sure they saw me in Ruska

Also passed a CR Vert while going east on 87th st in Lenexa last night.. nice ride! :D
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I saw a Chili Red Cooper with white roof and white bonnet and boot stripes going down 435 south yesterday around 12:30pm. We were dodging houses. LOL. (there was a super wide mobile home going down the road and a shed) She had a dog in her lap and the windows rolled down. :)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

man K-10 has been hopping with MINI's lately. Saw a yellow color I haven't seen before, almost a mustard yellow, with white top, the a few minutes later, another of the same color, with black top! What are the odds?

I also saw a blue vert, a silver/black top and anothe blue MCS. That was just on one trip between Lenexa and Desoto!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Spotted an '07 Mellow Yellow twice yesterday in Liberty, once at Sonic and once turning onto Conistor from 152.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
sliboa
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sliboa »

I saw a CR MCc in the parking lot next to my work, near 135th and Metcalf. I put a club card on the windshield.
Last edited by sliboa on Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

Minidave wrote:man K-10 has been hopping with MINI's lately. Saw a yellow color I haven't seen before, almost a mustard yellow, with white top, the a few minutes later, another of the same color, with black top! What are the odds?

I also saw a blue vert, a silver/black top and anothe blue MCS. That was just on one trip between Lenexa and Desoto!
I drive K-10 from Lenexa to Lawrence every weekday about 6:45ish and I see the new Mellow Yellow MINIs alot (although I see them at the light at the edge of Lawrence because I'm so early!) and I see two IB/W MINIs almost everyday as well. I also see a PW/B occasionally. And there is a DS/B in Lawrence, but it's always parked when I go by. No one ever waves, so I gave up. :?
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

We saw a CR with a checkered roof and mirror caps heading north on North Oak yesterday and got a BIG wave from the driver.... Bonus!!! :D :D :D
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Marlow Main wrote:We saw a CR with a checkered roof and mirror caps heading north on North Oak yesterday and got a BIG wave from the driver.... Bonus!!! :D :D :D
Hmm..that may have been me... I was all over town yesterday :)

For the amount of driving I've been doing, it's hard to believe I've only gotten around 700 miles on Ruska since the beginning of June.

Quality not Quantity :D
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Passed (and gave a friendly beep) to a very nice Silver/Black MCS w/ lamps on 210 last night around 8ish. Sorry to buzz you, we were having too much fun last night :lol:
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Saw a really nice black classic Mini down in Linn Valley Lakes this weekend... If you see this and want to sell...look me up!!
sliboa
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sliboa »

I just tagged a new R56 Cooper around 135th and Metcalf. It's pretty slick looking with a UJ roof and mirror caps, and white stripes. This was my first chance to see the new stock 15" wheels up close and I kind of like them

ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Yesterday, 12:40ish in Liberty....

BRG MC with white bonnet stripes, turning onto North I-35 from 152 in Liberty.

West 152 in Liberty, just over the I-35 bridge a Black MC loaner, driven by a Crawford. :)

And just across the bridge, a blue MCS turning onto 152 from North I-35.
sweetlou
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sweetlou »

Yep that was me had just picked that little puppy up and it is all ours for a week. I did have to give it a bath, you could hardly see out the winshield and it only has 3,000 miles on it. BTW, Alicia say's it's blue.

Alicia&Mark

Sorry we didn't see you where in a mini?
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

sweetlou wrote:Yep that was me had just picked that little puppy up and it is all ours for a week. I did have to give it a bath, you could hardly see out the winshield and it only has 3,000 miles on it. BTW, Alicia say's it's blue.

Alicia&Mark

Sorry we didn't see you where in a mini?
That car must have really needed a bath if I thought it was black!!

No, I wasn't in a MINI, just a MINI spotter vehicle. :lol:
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Saw a very nice JB/JB MCS at Cheeseburger in Paradise in Leawood Sat night. The food sucked, but the MINI looked good ;)
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I tried the CBIP in the Legends, I also thought the food was just OK. Waited an hour to get in and could have gone to the Sonic across the street!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Weekend spotting

Post by MiniGeoff »

Normally I don't post my sightings because I usually don't know where I am, just where I'm going. But this weekend there were a few that weren't in my normal routes that I figured I'd post 'em up

Sat afternoon:
Purple Haze MCS Cabrio followed 30 seconds later by a Indy Blue (I think, how many @!#$% blues are there anyway)/white MCS on NW Chipman between 350 and View High in Lees Summit, basicly at the 1 lane tunnel under the rail road tracks. Got a friendly wave from the blue, not sure about the cabrio. Gave a friendly beep beep to both, but I was driving and on the phone, so didn't have a hand to wave...

Mon morning:
DS/Black MCS with red mirrors that looked very GP like but I don't think was a GP (didn't see the GP wheels) on 87th street in KCMO, just past east of the QT and Bally's raquet club, stopped for a school bus, east bound to Blue Ridge. Waved, but with morning traffic, it was easy to miss. Don't know if I got one in return. For that matter, I'm lucky I noticed that it was there at all.

Various other times:
EB (again, I think... it's a blue)/White MCS with hawaiian bonnet stripes at/around 87th and Kentucky in Raytown MO (in my nieghborhood). Haven't seen it for a while, though.

Also, last weekend:
CR/W MC in the Target parkinglot in Summit Woods shopping center with a for sale sign on it. Employee ID for John Knox Village in the console was for "Tracy" I think. Wife said she didn't want it that wasn't an "S" because it wouldn't have enough power, even though she really likes the CR/W combo. I was so proud of her.
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Minidave wrote:I tried the CBIP in the Legends, I also thought the food was just OK. Waited an hour to get in and could have gone to the Sonic across the street!
The car had SC plates on it that's what first caught my attention ;)

I'm 0 for 2 at CBIP, both at Legends and in Leawood. Jimmy Buffett's name is really getting trashed in these! (Hopefully he'll make it up with his concert though...I'll let you know in October :D )

My wife is a secret shopper...so it's free food + free drinks...but if you can't even enjoy it when it's free.. you KNOW it's bad ;)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

JohnBLZ wrote:
Minidave wrote:I tried the CBIP in the Legends, I also thought the food was just OK. Waited an hour to get in and could have gone to the Sonic across the street!
I'm 0 for 2 at CBIP, both at Legends and in Leawood. Jimmy Buffett's name is really getting trashed in these! (Hopefully he'll make it up with his concert though...I'll let you know in October :D )

My wife is a secret shopper...so it's free food + free drinks...but if you can't even enjoy it when it's free.. you KNOW it's bad ;)
Sorry to further hi-jack the "Was That You" thread.

I've worked as a performer at CiP since the very first one in Indianapolis doing their private soirees, including those attended by Jimmy, as well as grand openings, concert pre-parties, etc... I'm disclosing my bias upfront.

I love the experience of CiP. I especially like the food at the Legends location. For this Florida girl, getting key lime pie and Cuban bread flown in fresh from an Ybor City/Tampa bakery is a real treat! I really enjoy catching a fun band at CiP while having a cocktail on the patio. My hubby thinks their El Cubano sandwich is the best thing this side of Florida.

If you didn't get the food you expected, tell the management. I've yet to meet one of them that didn't care. They have a vested financial interest in the restaurant and will do whatever they can to make your island visit a good one. And as for trashing Jimmy's name....have you eaten at M'Ville lately? While I've worked for them, too, I avoid dining there.

If you still want to give CiP a try, drop by while one of us is working and get your own cool balloon sculpture. You'll find one of us at the Leawood location every Wednesday night and every weekend at Legends. :)

Johnna