Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Test Drove Mini's today....

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

longlivekel wrote:Trader...
haha
LOL I'll still have my Classic. :)

David and I talked about getting the Mini and we've decided to wait until next year when I'll have the classic paid off and we'll have more money freed up to spend on the Mini.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Well...instead of getting a new Mini I'm looking at buying another Classic. I'm going to look at one next weekend. :) Here's a link to the ad:
http://www.minimania.com/web/id/8414/Ca ... Detail.cfm
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I am going to ask WHY???? Seriously, what do you expect from this classic? You have one in the garage that doesn't run and now you are looking at another car to fit in the garage. This one isn't going to be any different than the broke one that you have now. It will require regular maintenance or it will be a dust collector. Also, that car is NO WHERE near worth the price they are asking. Let me put this in perspective for you. They are asking more for that Mini than I paid for mine. Mine has the 1275cc stage 2, RC 40 exhaust, Turbo Metro disc brakes and so on. It may just be the market, but a 998 coop is not worth 6K right now. If I were you, I wouldn't entertain buying another Mini until you learn how to fix yours. Here are some of the things I did to my Mini over the years: all new suspension, new distributor, new fuel pump, new steering rack (twice), new rear drums and shoes, new front pads, new brake lines and all of the accessory work. No matter the condition, it will require work. Make no mistake about it. I wouldn't even bother looking at it to be quite honest.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Steph--

Ditto what Seth said on the price...although the seller said he would entertain any reasonable offer, a good starting point would be for him to list it at a reasonable price. :) The price he has on the ad is CRAZY. You could buy a reliable 1275 for that price when the market was hot. Since it has cooled a bit, I'd expect to get that car for less. But I think you also know that because you are always on the lookout. :D

And another quick suggestion...I'd wait til Minidave is back in town and pay him to have a look at the car if you think you are interested. I think he knows a little more than us young folks. :wink:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

ragtopday wrote:I'd wait til Minidave is back in town and pay him to have a look at the car if you think you are interested. I think he knows a little more than us young folks. :wink:

I'll second that. It goes along with what's been said about the fact that the car will need work, regardless of how good of a condition it is in. It seems like you'd probably want to know how much money on top of that high price you'd have to invest in the car to make it run.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best. :D
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I've been thinking about it all day and talking to the owner and it sounds like he's already found a buyer for it but I also talked to David (my boyfriend) and he said to wait and see... I doubt the owner would be talked down to 6,000 since he won't accept 7,500 for it... I think we'll pass for right now and later (like next year) if we find one for a good price we might pick it up for David (he's been wanting his own classic..) We're looking for a Mini Equinox really but I doubt we'll ever find one...
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000