October 24th - Heartland Park Touring Club - anyone?

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
LittleRed

Post by LittleRed »

Anymore videos? I thought there were a few people in the novice group with cameras.

It was great fun. I really enjoyed the last couple of laps! I think I'll put helmet and track day fees on my Christmas list. :)

Alex, what is HPDE?
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

High Performance Driving Experience
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

OK. Here's the the link to my first shot of in-car video from novice session 1.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8177234254

I'll do better filming next time!

Two more links up-coming. :D
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Thanks for posting the video of your first run.

Any update on when we can expect the video from the 2nd or especially 3rd runs. I would love to see myself in one of those videos and I know I waved you by in the 3rd run, maybe even the 2nd one too.

Does anyone know if the guy in the VW has a link anywhere to the pics he took?
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
LittleRed

Post by LittleRed »

Yeah, thanks for posting the video.

You were looking good until you got stuck behind that slow little red car. :wink:
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I'll check with Todd and see where his pics are. He took a bunch.
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

hctiev wrote:I'll check with Todd and see where his pics are. He took a bunch.
Thanks!
~Laurie~

Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

I hope to have two more videos uploaded today.
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

George

Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

George, I have to say your line looks really good and your speed thru most of the turns is every bit as fast as I'm going. I'm also surprised to see that you're not that much slower than I am at the ends of the straights. Shows what 115 hp can really do...............well done!

Was that a GTO that went snarling past you on the straight? Shows what too much HP can do in the wrong hands, that guy was on his brakes in all the wrong places and his line was terrible. Hope he learns some driving skills before he goes back on the track....... but that car of his is fast! Since the resale on GTOs is so low, that might be a great buy as a fun track car, certainly better than an old Firebug or Camaro........

It was fun to see Laurie and Lil Red out there going for it too!

Great job guys and gals, I'm already looking forward to the next season!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Dave, Thanks for the nice comments. I am getting better each time and can't wait to go again next year. It is the absolute most fun I have ever had in a car. I just love my MINI even if it only has 115hp.

That was a GTO that blew past me on the straight during run 3. It was fun staying on his butt through the following corners though.

I tried to stay behind Kathy and Laurie a bit during run 3 so they could see some video of themselves. I commend you ladies for joining us on the track and I promise the second time is more fun than the first. I hope you had fun and will go again.
George

Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

George, thanks for posting the vids. At least now there is actual proof that I was there now!

I do think I will try the track thing at least one more time. I would probably have more fun if I actually knew what I was doing. Now that I have the first one under my belt, it will be a little less worrysome the next time. Plus, now that I know I shouldn't worry about shifting all the time, it makes more sense! :oops:
~Laurie~

Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I found this vid of a Honda S2000 chasing our own OasisT around Heartland Park - he never does catch him either!

Chasing the MINI
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
OasisT

Post by OasisT »

Minidave wrote:I found this vid of a Honda S2000 chasing our own OasisT around Heartland Park - he never does catch him either!

Chasing the MINI
Hey, thanks for posting the video. I was really kicking myself for not setting up some sort of recording device since I have a chase-cam, just nothing to record it yet.

Anyway, after having so much fun at HPT, I ended up going up to MAM for an all day open track day and threw on some Hoosier road race tires during my last session. I cannot believe how much more fun that was(didn't think that was possible). I was able to overtake a Porsche Cayman S on Hoosiers as well as hang with a couple GT3 Porsches and Z06's on Hoosiers in the twisties, although, the GT3's and Z06's blew me away on the straights. Its amazing what the Mini can do on a track! Anyway, hope to see you guys out there next year!
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I finally got the photos from my friend Todd in the R32 that joined us. Here they are:

http://picasaweb.google.com/hctiev