RMW Dyno Tuning by Jan March 8th but jan is confirming

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

Alright guys I got some great news.

I called the dyno and they are closed on mondays so I will give them a call tomorrow and find out what dates are available.

I called Jan he only needs a date and to check his schedule because this trip would also be his time to see family so we all have to work with his schedule. So sooner i get some dates from the dyno the sooner we can really make this happen.

I called Marcos at KCautosport and he would like the times of availability during the week of the saturday of the dyno tuning so he can get you all down in his appointment book.
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

My power prediction is 200-215hp at the wheels. Also I hope the weather is great for this event because I want to get my nice wheels back on and for the tuning since they are 17x7.5 wheels
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

Alright I got a call back from the dyno and the possible dates are March 8 or March 15 now it comes down to what Jan can do.
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

March 8 or March 15 for the dynotune? I'll block out both of those days tentatively. I presum we do the pre-check on the respective Friday before.

Sounds great. Hope Jan can make either of these dates work.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

The precheck is any day at your convenience before the dyno tune. I called Jan and left a voice mail telling him the 2 available dates.
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

Marcos at KCautosport and he would like the times of availability during the week of the saturday of the dyno tuning so he can get you all down in his appointment book.
[/quote]
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

OK GUYS

Awaiting FINAL CONFIRMATION from JAN for March 8th
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

This is sounding great. I'll also keep the other date blocked out until we're confirmed.
ltjpunk7

Post by ltjpunk7 »

A few questions:
1. Any update on the finalized weekend?
2. What is the "pre-tune checkup" or whatever? Is it a normal inspection?
3. Does he have software to tune an R56?
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

I haven't yet called Marcus at KC Autosport to set up a pre-check, as I'm still waiting for Jan's dynotune date.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

ltjpunk7 wrote:A few questions:
1. Any update on the finalized weekend?
2. What is the "pre-tune checkup" or whatever? Is it a normal inspection?
3. Does he have software to tune an R56?
Pretty sure it's R53 's only, but you could certainly come up and run yours on the dyno and get some baseline numbers. It would be interesting to compare the turbo motor to the supercharged......

The "pretune" checkup is just to make sure there are no worn out spark plugs, bad coils or slipping supercharger belts that could negatively affect the success of the tune.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Hey punk_mini,

Some of us old lame farts have numerous business commitments and priorities to juggle and as I see it, March 8 is getting uncomfortably close without a confirmation by Jan. Have you been in touch with him?

Are we on? I'll call Marcus to sched. a pre-check once we have a date on the books.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Whatever happened with this???????????
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

The Punk bailed on us...................he says he spent too much money this winter swapping out exhaust systems and doesn't have enough left to pay for his tune............speculation tho is he's going to have his done while in Vegas.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

He sure let alot of MINIacs down!!!
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

Alright guys - you made your point. In all fairness to Alex, he did have some serious issues with the exhaust he put on and it was a hard and expensive lesson to learn. He started this with all the right intentions.

All things being equal, we can still pick up the ball and run with it. If somebody would take the lead and call/email Jan and see if he is still interested in coming out to KC, I bet we could salvage this thing.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

If anyone is still interested, there's an event in Chicago:

http://www.autoxcooper.com/engine_tune_event.html
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.