Heartland Park Touring Laps - 2008

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I'm out for April. It appears that I have an oil pan gasket that has gone bad. I'll have to regroup and set my sights on May.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

That's an easy fix, just buy the gasket and bring it to my place and we'll change it, plus if you're due for an oil change, that's the time to do it......
unless this date just isn't going to work for you......
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

OK, I think I can help with some of the confusion here on Touring Laps v. DE's.........

They are two completely different events.

That said, I didn't see anything in the 5 TL events I did last year that would make me think they are unsafe. The 2 craziest things I saw happen was a Mustang that did a 270* spin right in front of us, no one hit him and we all moved on with no problems; and the one time where I got one wheel off on turn 5...which I didn't do again.

The DE's do have a much higher level of instruction - a good thing. They do give a substantially higher amount of track time, but it's over 2 days.
I can do 5 TL dates for the same cost as 1 DE, but it all depends on what you go to the track for, just to enjoy your car for the afternoon, or to learn and become a better driver or ????

You can do both at either event. I like the TL events for the extra track time and the chance to get out of work for the afternoon midweek. I like the DE's because I learn a lot at them......

I'm planning to do both this year.

BTW, we did run the "fast" configuration of the back straight kink at HPT at the end of the season, but we didn't get to do the carousel.........
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Hey all,

I just renewed my HPT membership online and paid for the 4/16/08 Touring Laps event. Maybe I'm a bit slow tonight, but the online renewal process & purchase of HPT Touring Laps took me about six tries. I couldn't find a renewal process, so I signed in as a non-member--Goofy.

Cory, if you become a Mazdaspeed guy, I hope you're still planning to join us! Looking forward to another season out there.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Hi, it's me again. After reviewing the HPT website info., I noticed an error in their course descriptions. Listed in the Touring Laps info., they state that Touring Laps will run on the "1.8 mile Club course". Let's hope that they meant to say "2.1 mile Club course" because the 1.8 mile course, which is shown as the "Short Course" lacks my favorite section of turns just past turn #1.

Anyone else notice this?
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

I noticed the change in description of the Touring Laps to the 1.8 mile course a couple of weeks ago. I'm with you; this would cut out a couple of my favorite corners. I hope it is not so!
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
sliboa
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sliboa »

dimini wrote:Cory, if you become a Mazdaspeed guy, I hope you're still planning to join us! Looking forward to another season out there.
Regardless of what car I purchase, I'll be doing the track days this summer. After the two I attended last year, I don't think I could give that up. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to the April date, however. I have the time off work, but that date is only a couple weeks before the end of the semester, and I'm not sure how full my plate will be then.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

I'm Cory and I'm CANADIAN
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

Cory,

What are kind of car are thinking about getting?

Alex
sliboa
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sliboa »

I'd really like to get something rear-wheel drive, so I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Honda S2000, Mazda MX5 and Mazda RX8. Of course, if I can find a great deal on a low-mileage Cooper S, then I could possibly go with that.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

I'm Cory and I'm CANADIAN