Audi HPDE May15-18

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Audi HPDE May15-18

Post by Minidave »

Since the BMW event has been canceled, I understand that the Audi event in May would welcome MINIs to their HPDE in May - 15th thru the 18th.

I would have enjoyed going out and mixing it up with some BMW's, but if this year is anything like last with it's 100* + temps in August, I think Audi's May event might be a whole lot more enjoyable, at least where the weather's concerned.

Cost is $325 for students, and prices will go up after April 15th by $50. My understanding is that we would have to also join the Audi club at a cost of $44.

As a few people have expressed interest in an HPDE, here is a link to the event info. I'm planning to go as I am an Audi owner, we may have Rose drive her 2.7TT and I'll take my MINI; we're undecided about that at this time tho.

http://www.kcaudi.org/events_view.aspx?eventID=35
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

I'm penciled in for work in Tucson that weekend. Looks like 2008 is not my year for HPDE's--unless I travel outside the region.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I'm aiming for it.
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

Interestingly enough, I became an Audi club member today so that I can attend their HPDE in May. Is anyone else going?
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Work conflict confirmed... I'm definitely a no-go for the HPDE--Darn! (Oh well, at least I'm earning $, which I can spend on other fun MINI stuff.)
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I"m officially in. Is anyone esle planning on attending this HPDE?

So far, I'm impressed with the welcome this Mini driver has received from the Audi folks - they seems like a nice bunch. I'm really looking forward to a full weekend at the track.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I'm still on the fence, I can't get the bride to commit whether she's going to do it or not, but I'm working on her...........
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

You'll still go if your wife doesn't, right?
MiniJayhawk

Post by MiniJayhawk »

BUMP!!! Do it, do it, do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need as many Minis out there as possible!!!!

I will be instructing.
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

MiniJayhawk - are you going or instructing?
MiniJayhawk

Post by MiniJayhawk »

Well, both. I'll be instructing and driving.
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

That works. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going up for Dinner on Friday. I signed up for it - might be good to meet some others.

I'm definitely in. I think MiniDave is in, but I haven't heard from him recently. - but I think that's it.
MiniJayhawk

Post by MiniJayhawk »

Is there a dinner Friday? The formal dinner/banquet/raffle is Saturday night. Regardless, I will be wherever the group is Friday night.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

hctiev wrote:That works. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going up for Dinner on Friday. I signed up for it - might be good to meet some others.

I'm definitely in. I think MiniDave is in, but I haven't heard from him recently. - but I think that's it.
Sorry 'bout that, I thought I'd already posted (must have been in another thread) that I would NOT be able to attend the Audi HPDE due to pressing committments otherwhere.......sorry guys. The cards just aren't falling very well this year for me and track events. After the May HPT Touring laps date I won't be back to the track again till Sept.......
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I'll be there on the 14th. We'll miss you at the HPDE.
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I'm back from day one of the Audi HPDE and I'm totally exhausted. You guys don't know what you are missing. This is a blast and highly educational!

For those of you who have done the touring laps - we are using the whole course. It's a very different story having to turn right at 1. I'll have video soon. I just need to remember to turn the darn camcorder on!!!

More later...
MiniJayhawk

Post by MiniJayhawk »

Preview: Alex kicked some serious butt! We had a blast!!!
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I'm sooo tired. The weekend was a blast!! I'll give more of a write up tomorrow - but here is a summary: Awesome cars, great instructors, super nice and friendly people and a good time had by all. Worth every penny!

This was not the Wednesday night touring laps kind of event. Not even close. Every time I got on the track, I had Patrick co-piloting. He did a very good job of coaching me along and helping me to progress. This an event with plenty of track time and classroom time that will help you better understand what awesome little cars we have and make you a better and significantly safer driver. The Audi club did a fabulous job!

Actually, I feel like I learned a lot and improved quite a bit - but if you want to see someone who knows how to drive - wait until I post some footage of Patrick driving my car! Now, that was some serious fun.

I'm hoping that we'll all have another chance before the end of the year to do this again. Something may be in the works - we'll have to see.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Alex, did you have a video up before? I thought you did but I didn't get to see it.......
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

Still editing...

A whole weekend produced a whole lot of footage!
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

Here are a few pics:

Oh, and from a previous post - check out the clear bra! (those are bugs not chips!)

MiniJayhawk

Post by MiniJayhawk »

Nice!!!! Any of me driving??? :D
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Sorry, I just answered my question from another thread about close up pics.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

So now comes the big question...When is the Mini HPDE...I would think that if we got enough minis and some others from say the Z club, we could probably do something like this. I also have no idea what something like this costs to do...rent the track and everything.
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Good question Kabootist!!!!