Indy Race @ Kansas Speedway

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Bernard Cline

Indy Race @ Kansas Speedway

Post by Bernard Cline »

Kansas Speedway is open this weekend for the Craftsman Truck Series and the Indy Racing League. I have tickets for the Indy race and may have pit passes as well. I wanted to know if anyone else was going on Sunday and if the miniacs wanted to roll out there together?

Please look over your schedules and let me know, there is a full day of activites on Sunday and it is a lot of fun. I have been out there every year since it opened and never been disappointed. I think it would be great if we could meet up somewhere and go out together as a group. I have a grill, chairs and a couple of coolers so we could definitely make a day of it.

Let me know as the week go on and well figure something out for the weekend.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

IRL sounds interesting. Whats the deal with the tickets? Do you have extras willing to sell? Depending on the price, I could be very interested.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

BC, I did the IRL race the first two seasons, but it was held on the 4th of July weekend then and I like to died from the heat. I think it's great that they moved the race up earlier in the year so it wouldn't be so cotton pickin hot!

Wonder if there are any tickets available since Danica won in Japan? That should spark some interest in the series, I think........usuallly you either have to buy them as part of a package for the whole season, or buy from a scalper.

Edit: Kabootist, I just answered my own question - there are plenty of Tix available from as cheap as $15 to a high of $73 a piece! I'm going to see if the wife is interested but I think this could be a great time to go to the speedway! Let's see if we can get some Miniac interest going in this......

I went to this site......http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/Tic ... tid=713352
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Bernard Cline

Kansas Speedway

Post by Bernard Cline »

I may have 2 extra tickets for free. It depends on if I get my pit passes Sunday morning (which I probably should). The tickets will be in the grandstands somewhere, but like I said I won't have them until Sunday morning, if available.

Also, I know of a guy who may have 2 more tickets, but his tickets would be face value if they are available. They are good seats around row 60, near the top, just north of the covered grandstand area. Tickets are usually about $45.00 ea. x 2 = $90.00 total (has 1 parking pass if needed, maybe extra). Cash is King!!!

If there are any interested parties for the tickets let me know, my guy with tickets works in a golf pro shop in Florida, but will be traveling up here this week.

Any suggestions on where to meet?
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

I have one extra ticket for both the Truck race/Indy qualifying and the Indy race. It's mostly free, the price being you have to sit with me.

The seats are directly across from the the pit entrance, near the top of the lower section, on the aisle.

You will want ear protection for at least the Indy race, if not both.

If anyone is interested, let me know here.

I'm up for caravaning if someone else wants to go.

DD
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Ok, so I have to be at the Penske/Marlboro tent in front of the track at 8:00am Sunday morning to get my tickets after that I can meet everyone. Are there any suggestions for a place and time?
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Does anyone know of any driver's appearances around town this weekend? I have a soccer ball that has been signed by most of the driver's, including Michael Andretti, Tony Kanan, Helio Castroneves and Dario Francetti. I still need Danika and a couple of others so if anyone knows of any events please let me know.

Also, are there any takers for meeting up Sunday for the race and motoring out there together?
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I just found out I won"t be able to go this weekend, sorry......
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I'm not going either.
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Hey guys-

Are there any last minute takers for the indy race? I will be checking the site later tonight and early tomorrow mornig. I hope that some other can go but it is last minute. Hope to hear back from some takers. If you are going have a great day!