Classic car show at KCI this weekend !!!

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
Big Papi

Classic car show at KCI this weekend !!!

Post by Big Papi »

I found this in The Kansas City Star:

A different mode of transportation will be the center of attention at Kansas City International Airport on Saturday as the first of two classic and muscle car shows is held.

The KCI Cruise Night will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday at the airport’s old satellite parking lot on Paris Street off Cookingham Drive. The lot is near a Conoco gas station.

Numerous classic cars will be on display, as well as special interest autos such as a 1970 Plymouth Superbird with a Roadrunner “Beep-Beep” horn, said KCI spokesman Joe McBride.

The event is open to the public and there will be no charge for parking. Signs will direct people to the Paris Street parking location.

There will be drawings for various prizes, including a Richard Petty NASCAR ride-along, airline discounts, Royals tickets and a free car rental. Hot dogs and refreshments will be served and vendors will be on hand.

As a bonus, McBride noted that the event will be adjacent to one of the KCI runways so event-goers will get to see planes taking off and landing.

Another Cruise Night will be held Oct. 4 at the same location.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I might make the Oct 4th version, but I already have too much going on this weekend to make the trek out there, but thanks for the heads up!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)