MINI Cooper S (R56) vs. VW GTImkV

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
Big Papi

MINI Cooper S (R56) vs. VW GTImkV

Post by Big Papi »

What is the deal with these cars? Everytime one pulls up next to me they want to race. Is this a big rival to the R56? I looked up the stats and it has 200hp but it weighs over 600 lbs. more than my R56. I did race one last week (new model, but not brand new off the floor) and he wasn't pulling away from me at all, I was catching him easily. I had myself (which I am big) and 2 other people in the car and his car was just one person. I caught up and just stayed right with him easily, however, he was blowing some blue some occasionally from his exhaust. It was definitely running on the rich side from the smell. I was going to pull up to him afterwards but he chickened out and made an abrupt turn at the light and ran off. Car was quick and looked good but I really don't think he would beat me straight up if it was just me in the car.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I don't race on the street..........

But I've also never had anyone "try" me at a light or whatever in my MINI, either I scare them off or they don't consider me a worthy competitor...... :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Yeah, as I have said before I don't usually, but this time I did. My bad, I am just chomping on the bit to get out to HPT to really let Big Papi go all out. As soon as I have a new contract I will go with you.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Everytime I pull up to a anytype of VW, they want to race. I will race to the speed limit but that is it :). I don't know what is with VW buyers :?:
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Same here, it gets a bit anoying at times. Are alot of the VWers younger like in their 20's or teens?
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Theres a lot of MINIers in their early 20s too...me being one, no ageism please, old people like to race just as much as young people.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Sorry kabootist I was not age profiling, it is just that most of the ones wanting to race me in their VW's are very young. Also, for the record I am in my 30's so I definitely consider myself young so lets not forget my generation either. :wink: :!:

Are you coming to the parade in the morning? 8)