January 31st, Sadler's Indoor Racing

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

January 31st, Sadler's Indoor Racing

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Thanks to dimini, a January gathering has been planned!

Saturday, Jan 31st at noon. $18.99 per 10 minute session. Sadler's address is: 325 N Mur Len Rd in Olathe, KS 66062.

RSVP if you plan to attend.

Thanks, Don!
Last edited by ragtopday Johnna on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

The "Goose" plus one plan to go :doggy:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

Im in and this time I am not going to do 30 some laps on the nascar track :P
Last edited by Punk_Mini on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Me too.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

This was fun as heck last year, even if I did get "cart" sick after the first pass. I *should* be in, but I have to check with the boss...
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Sounds like fun, but we will not be able to make this one. Have fun and be sure to take lots of pictures pls. :D
petek

Post by petek »

Will they let us take our MINIs on the track this time? :D
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Only the classics! 8) :D
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
petek

Post by petek »

I'm checking with the boss to see if she'd like to go.

Are we limited to 1, 10 minute session? If not, I'll probably go for two, maybe three. Nice way to get a workout. ;-)
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

hello Petek-

It's been awhile...

No limit on the number of sessions. I was merely joking about the bodily "wear & tear" that one feels the next day... I'll be good for 2 or 3 sessions--and, unlike last year's event, I was told that Sadler's ordinarily combine both tracks into one grand prix course! :D

Where's Alex? Where's our Canadian Cory? (he can still join us even though he's probably now driving an Mazdaspeed 3...)

Ryan? Don't be depressed after selling your classic... come join us and drive an open-air go-kart--it will remind you of your mini30. We can brainstorm about your next classic mini...
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
petek

Post by petek »

We're in... one MINI, two racers.
sliboa
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sliboa »

dimini wrote:Where's our Canadian Cory? (he can still join us even though he's probably now driving an Mazdaspeed 3...)
I'm still driving my MINI and browsing the forums. I keep finding cars I like but I'm just unable to pull the trigger. I guess I still like my MINI that much. Plus, during the cooler/colder months, the leatherette seats don't bother me like they do during the summer. The seats have been the biggest, and just about only, complaint I've had about the car.

As for the outing at Sadler's, I'll definitely be going. The last time I was there was for the last MINI event there, so I'm really aching for some go-kart fun. And since you and Pete seem to be good for a few session, then I'll certainly be up for that.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

I'm Cory and I'm CANADIAN
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

one MINI, two racers (1 session each)
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

MINIdave- that video is hilarious. well, maybe not hilarious, but certainly fun...

I just called Sadlers to reconfirm next Saturday at Noon. They have no large or special interest groups booked so we will be able to take advantage of the "grandprix" course, which combines the oval and rr track... cool!

I Just did a head count and it looks like we have about eleven MINI/mini/go-kart speed monkeys signed up.
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Hey punk-mini-

I just checked the long-term forecast and the weather looks to be clear with 40's-50's temp. so your roadtrip should be an easy one. Hope you make it! ( I probably wouldn't want to do 30 NASCAR laps, either. But drifting the karts through those oval track turns is pretty damn fun, though).
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

Haha Dimini those laps sucked too dam many left turns.

I will not be able to attend now on account of unfixed issue. I really was looking forward to this because its been a while since I have been in the KC area. Hopefully I can make it out sometime for a future event or run into anyone who is going to The Dragon this year.

The weekend before xmas I slid on a pretty slippery patch of ice into a curb here in plainville and had to have the car in the shop for almost a month and currently the only unfixed issue is my wheel its totally off center so much so that you can't balance. Good news is easy fix just get a new wheel or wheels. Bad news they came on the car from BARON and the wheels are no longer produced and I have spent hours searching on the internet for them and the only thing I have come up with is pictures and my references to them in forum posts.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I will try to make it.
petek

Post by petek »

I know a lot of pictures were taken at Sadlers... so where are the pictures?!?!? ;-)

Also, I've got a contact at "The Outlaw Cigar Company" in KCMO. They have car-related events throughout the year. Would someone like to set up a MINI event there?
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Yea, yea, when I get a spare minute. It won't be until Friday or Saturday though. At least I got them from the camera to the computer, that is something!

I have been dealing with another MINI issue since Saturday afternoon.

~Laurie~

Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Ouch!

Well, I hope that wasn't due to you being in reverse somewhere!

Take it to Eveland Bros, you won't be able to tell it's been touched when they're done - I promise!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Of course this is a self inflicted wound. We went to the Jeep dealership after lunch on Saturday, I backed into a light pole!

I am taking it to Butler's C&D in Merriam. I have hear good things about them. It goes in the shop Monday and I should have it back by Friday if all goes well.
~Laurie~

ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

petek wrote: Also, I've got a contact at "The Outlaw Cigar Company" in KCMO. They have car-related events throughout the year. Would someone like to set up a MINI event there?
Sure! My better half would like to spend more time/$ there anyway...even without fun cars. :lol: Whatcha got in mind?
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Laurie wrote:Of course this is a self inflicted wound. We went to the Jeep dealership after lunch on Saturday, I backed into a light pole!

I am taking it to Butler's C&D in Merriam. I have hear good things about them. It goes in the shop Monday and I should have it back by Friday if all goes well.
Oops, yeah I remember you saying you were going to look at Jeeps after the go karts..................did you at least buy one?

I think Butler's is the company that did the extra paint work on mine, the flares and aero kit and such, and they did a good job - and I'm pretty sure they painted Johnna's flares too. However, if the insurance is paying - I'm going to Eveland Bros, period.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I've been to both Eveland and Butlers. I've been to Eveland twice (both times on someone else's dollar) and was treated kind and the work was done on time, however I did have a paint glitch that required the car going back in for follow-up work. It was a glitch they should have caught and didn't.

Butler's has done my custom work and I'm beyond pleased. Everything has been done on time or early (gasp!) and they have a MINI in the family. They are good folks!