January 31st, Sadler's Indoor Racing

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Sounds like she's in good hands then, either way.......... 8)
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
sliboa
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sliboa »

Laurie wrote:Of course this is a self inflicted wound. We went to the Jeep dealership after lunch on Saturday, I backed into a light pole!
If it makes you feel any better, that's exactly how I got the scrapes on my back bumper. I was at a Honda dealer, however. I lucked out, if you can call it that, in that I hit the area of the bumper where it attaches to the car, so I mostly wound up with two holes where the bolts poked through, with some lesser scuffing around that area.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

I'm Cory and I'm CANADIAN
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Dave, we didn't end up getting a Jeep that day. Larry wasn't impressed with the get up and go of the Wrangler we drove.

Cory, nothing will make me feel better. It was just a stupid accident and it makes me mad that it happened. :oops: The sales guy at the lot did try to make me feel better by telling me that the pole I hit has taken out many a bumper in its days. Who puts a light pole in the middle of a lot anyway? I mean right in the drive path!

Anyhoo, it will all be back to normal in a week. Butler's said Baron had all the parts he needed in stock and they are going to use their new waterborne paint process on it.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Laurie-

Ouch... sorry to see the booboo, I know exactly how you feel. With my first MINI I forgot that I had my bicycle attached to the roof rack while attempting to pull into the garage. The impact yanked my bike out of the rack mount, followed by the bicycle falling off the top of the car, but with the rear wheel still strapped in so the bike swung down and bounced a couple times against the side of the car for added insult/injury. :oops: :evil:

Yours will be just like new in a few and you won't even look back...

Thanks, everyone, for attending the go-kart fest!
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
petek

Post by petek »

ragtopday wrote:
petek wrote: Also, I've got a contact at "The Outlaw Cigar Company" in KCMO. They have car-related events throughout the year. Would someone like to set up a MINI event there?
Sure! My better half would like to spend more time/$ there anyway...even without fun cars. :lol: Whatcha got in mind?
PM sent.

Laurie, OUCH!
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

petek wrote: Also, I've got a contact at "The Outlaw Cigar Company" in KCMO. They have car-related events throughout the year. Would someone like to set up a MINI event there?
That would be cool to have an event there. It's right up the road from my house. My boyfriend and his dad go up there often to buy their cigars..
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Sorry it took so long, here is a link to the pictures.

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m178 ... %20013109/
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS