October 10th gathering, BBQ Shack in Paola

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

October 10th gathering, BBQ Shack in Paola

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Toeknee and Kabootist are coordinating October's club gathering. More details soon...

UPDATE:

This info was posted by ToeKnee below in the thread. I am re-posting here so it doesn't get buried:
We're going to go with two locations--one in Parkville and one at 435 and Midland to best accommodate both the Norhtlanders and non-Northlanders.

For the Parkville one, I choose the parking lot to the Price Chopper off of 45 highway (9107 NW Highway 45, Parkville, MO)
The Johnson County folk have chosen a small office building on the corner across from the golf course off the Midland exit off I-435. I tried to figure out where this was on Google Maps, but could not distinguish it.

Getsalot---an intersection or address please?

Can I also get some sort of an idea which of you who already indicated you would like to go would like to meet me in Parkville at 1?
Those of you meeting us at Midland Dr, plan on us LEAVING there around 1:30 or 1:40. This should put us in Paola around 2 or 2:15.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
toeknee

Re: October gathering, BBQ Shack in Paola

Post by toeknee »

We would like to do this on October 10th, sometime in the early afternoon--probably leave the city about 1pm. The BBQ Shack is a great restaurant but tends to be very busy during meal times as a result. We hope to avoid the lunch rush and make it easier for the staff to accommodate what Ivan and I hope will be a good sized group of MINI enthusiasts.

We would like to do a group drive to Paola, beginning somewhere toward the middle of the city. We live by Parkville, so that is a possibility, but we are open to suggestions about this part.

I know it's early, but who is interested?
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I'm interested. I don't think David and I have anything going on that weekend although it's a little soon to know for sure.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

We should be there too.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

road trip from the Northland --- sounds like fun and we will be up for it. besides, i love BBQ :doggy:
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
cdecker78

Post by cdecker78 »

OK so this is my first post. So let me start with HI! My name is Chris and I bought my first mini cooper on Friday. I got an 09 S Clubman that I LOVE! I live in Platte City and would like to possibly join you for a trip sometime, possibly even this one.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Welcome aboard. There are several MINI's in the northland so you can motor along with us to the meets.
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Nice color on that Clubby! :mrgreen:

And welcome! :elec: :elec: :elec: :elec: :elec: :elec: :elec: :elec: :elec: :elec:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Did someone say FOOD???-The "Goose" and two.
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

We would be interested. Could you set up a time and location for a 2nd gathering spot along the way near 435 or i35? We are in southwest Lenexa area.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I'll be at Watkin's Glen.........
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Minidave wrote:I'll be at Watkin's Glen.........
We were just there on our canadian road trip...talk about "if you build it, they will come", out in the corn field's track...lol.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yes, but one with such a history!

I'm supposed to crew for my buddies Corvette team (I'm the radio man) and then drive a 2 day HPDE in another guy's beater Saturn. Should be fun if it holds together!

And no, it doesn't look this good! He paid $1200 on CL for it! :shock: :?

Then the bride and I are spending the next week or so celebrating our 15th just cruising the upstate area, Niagra and so on.....might even make it to Bethel Woods!

(obscure Woodstock reference :D )

BTW, did you all know the "Couple in the Pink Blanket" are still together?

Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

getsalot wrote:We would be interested. Could you set up a time and location for a 2nd gathering spot along the way near 435 or i35? We are in southwest Lenexa area.
We can probably arrange for that. Do you have any suggestions for specific places? T

he root that seems to be easiest would be down I-435 to I-35 and then across to Paola on 169. Taking 435 is a little longer but avoids all the construction on I-35.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

How about 435 and Midland exit. Turn right and there is a small office building on the cornor across from a golf course. People from the southern area could meet you in the parking lot of the office building.
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

I won't miss this one. Me likey BBQ! I am also in for meeting at the Midland I-435 location and motoring in with some fellow Miniacs. We live right down the road. Just give me the time and I'll be there.
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
osgoodd

Post by osgoodd »

Hi, I'm also in for meeting at I435 and Midland. It will just be me since Everett will be in Michigan. He will just have to miss out!
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

How about an address so we can load in our Garmins. Please
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

BLUGOOSE wrote:How about an address so we can load in our Garmins. Please
We're going to go with two locations--one in Parkville and one at 435 and Midland to best accommodate both the Norhtlanders and non-Northlanders.

For the Parkville one, I choose the parking lot to the Price Chopper off of 45 highway (9107 NW Highway 45, Parkville, MO)
The Johnson County folk have chosen a small office building on the corner across from the golf course off the Midland exit off I-435. I tried to figure out where this was on Google Maps, but could not distinguish it.

Getsalot---an intersection or address please?

Can I also get some sort of an idea which of you who already indicated you would like to go would like to meet me in Parkville at 1?
Those of you meeting us at Midland Dr, plan on us LEAVING there around 1:30 or 1:40. This should put us in Paola around 2 or 2:15.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: October 10th gathering, BBQ Shack in Paola

Post by davester »

i'll meet y'all in Parkville @ 12:45
Last edited by davester on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

For the I-435 Midland meeting, I would suggest using the Hereford House address. You can see the Hereford House from Midland Drive. The office buildings are just left of the restaurant. You actually have to turn onto 66th Terr but it is right off of Midland. I'll be down there at 1:00 PM and look for other MINI's/Mini's.

Hereford House
17244 Midland Drive
Shawnee, KS 66217
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

The "Goose" will be in Parkville at or before 1:00 on Sat. See all you northlanders there.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Hereford House, 17244 Midland Drive, Shawnee, KS 66217
toeknee

Details, Details, Details.

Post by toeknee »

Here's all the information I think ya'll should need. If there is anything I left out, let me know. :D

We are having two meeting locations. Ivan and I will meet all the northlanders and anyone else who wants to meet up here at the Price Chopper in Parkville--9107 NW Highway 45, Parkville, MO. We will depart from this location hopefully right at 1, so if you are meeting us there try to be a little early.

The second location is off I-435 and Midland. S-car-go will be at the office buildings next to the Hereford House, which is located at 17244 Midland Drive, Shawnee, KS 66217. We hope to be down there around 1:15 to meet up and finish the drive down to Paola.

If you cannot or wish not to meet us at either of these locations, the address of the BBQ Shack is located at 508 S Hospital Dr, Paola, KS‎, 66071. I told the very nice owner we would be there around 2, though the two meeting points may delay us a bit.
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

New here having just bought my first MINI and not met anyone yet. I unfortunately will not be able to attend as I am working all weekend. if only it were on a friday I'd be all for it. I hope to join one of the next meetings and meet some of you all.

Tom
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.