Baron Halloween Party, October 24th

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Baron Halloween Party, October 24th

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Baron Halloween Party, October 24th

Post by ksminiman »

what are the times of this event?
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Looks like it starts at 8pm and goes till whenever............us MINI folk like to party, you know! :mrgreen:

There have been some amazing MINI costumes in years past, I even made a lame attempt one year............
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

are the people supposed to where costumes? :? I know dumb question
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

ksminiman wrote:are the people supposed to where costumes? :? I know dumb question
Some do, the people costumes are usually as interesting or more than the car costumes.
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

in that case I am going as David Beckham! got the whole uniform!
Hi. My name is Tommy.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Dress the Mini as Victoria Beckham? or a giant mural of him missing that PK in the world cup a few years back.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

LOL I thought about going as a Tusken Raider but I can't find all the pieces to the costume. :(
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

I prolly won't win, but I know what I'm doing. :) Actually a few idea's, lol.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Two of my favorites last year were the "MINI-bago" and the "MINI-diver" that Marlow Main did, which won last year, BTW!

Both were truly leagues ahead of most of the rest of us.....

Here's a link to pics of the 2007 event, I'm still looking for the 2008 pics....http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd10 ... Halloween/

Laurie linked her pics from 2008, here ya go... http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m178 ... NI%20Show/
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

I know what I am going to make my car next year cause I dont have time this year :(
Hi. My name is Tommy.
Old Cremona

Post by Old Cremona »

I'm looking forward to meeting my fellow Mini enthusiasts at the party!
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Yes sir!
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Where are you supposed to park? At the dealership or do they use a different lot?
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Park at the dealership. Don't be late!
Mr. F56
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Kewl, see everyone in a bit. Hey... btw...saw your hat at the Holiday Mart..almost got a blonde one...lol.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Had a pretty good time at the party. :) Only problem I had was since I didn't have time to wash my Mini I just went with him dirty and someone thought it'd be funny to write "wash me" in the dirt on my boot. :evil: And then I was told people were using him as a drink rest...
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:Had a pretty good time at the party. :) Only problem I had was since I didn't have time to wash my Mini I just went with him dirty and someone thought it'd be funny to write "wash me" in the dirt on my boot. :evil: And then I was told people were using him as a drink rest...
We had some rings on our cars also where people had put their drinks on them, not to mention all the finger prints and food residue I cleaned off them this morning. I don't know how many others had this problem but people kept getting into our Clubman like they thought it was a demo car or something. I finally had to lock the car to keep them out. I don't think I will be subjecting my cars to this again unless Baron can find a way to control the crowd, especially the part that is just there for the free booze.

I have posted some pictures here.
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Charlotte and I had a good time last night. I passed out a bunch of tag cards so maybe we will get a reply---
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
GRIN-N

Post by GRIN-N »

We enjoyed seeing all the imagination of the Mini people last night. There certainly were a lot of finger prints and a lot of non-Mini people though. We didn't expect to win a prize and probably shouldn't have. Maybe they need to modify the judging a little. I think we got points for second or third but the judges picked different cars for first place. That gave us the most total points. There were certainly cars there that had a lot more work in them than ours. That's not to say we don't appreciate it though. We might be able to buy a wheel or something.
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Welcome to the experience of putting yer car in a show, lol. All I can say. If you don't have a blockade around yer car, people are gonna touch it, pump into... putting yer drink on it is a bit uncalled for. But then again, when you hear "free drinks", people come running, and they could give a **** less about what the event is. Sad, but true.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I don't think I will be subjecting my cars to this again unless Baron can find a way to control the crowd, especially the part that is just there for the free booze.
I agree...I think most people show up just for beer...
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

I thought the party was awesome. the costume MINIs were all great! I guess I am glad my car was parked out further in the lot. no prints on mine. met some great people however I missed a lot of people whom I was looking forward to meeting. I saw many MINIs that I recognized from on here.

Does anyone know where the pictures will be posted of the event?
Hi. My name is Tommy.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Go back up 6 postings to ddmini's and you will find pics
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

ddmini wrote:
I have posted some pictures here.
Great pics, David! Thank you for sharing these--it was almost like being there except I had to buy my own drinks. :D

May I put these photos in the club's photobucket account, too?
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.