MINI MotoringHearts Test Drive Event, Jan. 30th

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

MINI MotoringHearts Test Drive Event, Jan. 30th

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Baron is sponsoring a test drive event this Saturday, January 30th from 9 a.m. to 6 P.M. For every test drive, they will donate $25 to Haiti hurricane relief.

Here's how the MINIACs can help...Baron needs MINI owners to ride along on test drives. If you would like to participate, please respond with the time slot you would like. I will update the first post as quickly as I can to reflect which time spots are filled.

9 a.m. to 12 Noon
1. Davester
2. Blugoose
3. Ksminiman
4. Minidave

12 Noon to 2 P.M.
1. LilRed1
2. MiniRed1
3. Punk_Mini
4. Da Mini

2 P.M. to 4 P.M.
1. Johnna
2. MiniX2

4 P.M. to 6 P.M.
1. Johnna
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
LiLReD1

Re: MINI MotoringHearts Test Drive Event, Jan. 30th

Post by LiLReD1 »

Wow... um... I'd love to do this, but I'm not sure about time! I have a few things on Saturday to get done, but I'd like to do this!
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

I'm good for 9:00 am Sat. ---d
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

The "Goose" is good for 9-12. See you there.-Frank
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

I'd rather drive than ride! Not sure when I can be there but plan to show up. :D
Mr. F56
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

So we just ride around in the Mini's?
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

do 22 yr olds count? I'm in for 9-12am.
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yes, are we supposed to interact at all with the potential customers, and do we try to get people to go on test drives or do we wait for a salesman/person to turn them to us? Are we assigned one special car or do we just take pot luck? How's this gonna work, exactly?

I'm good for SAt morning too if you still need someone.....it'll be just like the old days for me....demo-ing and sellin cars!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Morning slots are now full. Anyone for the afternoon?

As for interacting with test drivers and what car you will be in, that is up to Samer. Details upon arrival. :-)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
MiniX4 John
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniX4 John »

I'll do 2-4 and at least part of 4-6. I think it will be fun.
"Moxie" Snowberry White RHD 1971 Austin Rover Mini, 1275cc engine, 10" GB wheels with Yokohama Aquos tires, Hella 500's, H9 graphics
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

I'll be down for the afternoon. I'll be there all day if they want me to, just gotta get some stuff done in the morning. Allison will probably show as well, but I'll let her chime in.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

LiLReD1 wrote:I'll be down for the afternoon. I'll be there all day if they want me to, just gotta get some stuff done in the morning. Allison will probably show as well, but I'll let her chime in.
Any chance you can commit to a time slot? There is no one signed up for 12 to 2. Interested?
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Should be able to make that perfectly. Think they'll let me ship a box out from there? lol That's all I gotta do in the morning if I get it all done and packed Friday night.
MiniReD1

Post by MiniReD1 »

Hi all, I will be there as well with Tim (LilReD1) in the afternoon -so count me IN ! Where ever I'm needed :)
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

I will be watching the weather for tonight and tomorrow during the day. If all is good I will be coming out there and I am good for the afternoon. Tomorrow afternoon I will be confirm as we are supposed to get snow today and tomorrow sometime.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

MiniReD1 wrote:Hi all, I will be there as well with Tim (LilReD1) in the afternoon -so count me IN ! Where ever I'm needed :)
Thanks you two! I've added you both to the 12 to 2 spot. You're welcome to stay longer, too. :D
Punk_Mini

Post by Punk_Mini »

Alright I am good to go for the noon to 2pm slot.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

I might be able to stop in for a little bit but I can't stay too long... :?
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Noon to 2 for me!

Bob Harsh
2010 KCBMW Board Member
Mr. F56
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Hope they're not intending to have us demo in our cars, mine's going to be full of tools and such to work on MiniGeoff's supercharger belt after the event.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Minidave wrote:Hope they're not intending to have us demo in our cars, mine's going to be full of tools and such to work on MiniGeoff's supercharger belt after the event.....
:lol: Nope, one of the shiny new ones...like yours, only without all of the tools and such. :lol:

See some of you tomorrow. Thanks for helping out with this, y'all. Should be fun!
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Our cars are so dirty... this is almost embarrassing!
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

You should see my Mini. My boot is no longer blue.. It's brown...
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
saturn

Post by saturn »

Sorry for the late response but I will be there around 3 pm and would be more than happy to stay until 6pm to fill the gaps!
I've been in school retraining for a new career the past couple of weeks and didn't see this post! Besides, I was just there yesterday getting my last free service @ 35,553 miles and was gabbing it up with Mary and having a good ol' time. So if someone on their way there sees this, pass along this info to Johnna! Much appreciated!
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Frank,Minidave,Don,Tom and myself were there from 9-12 and there were no customers in the store. We test drove the shiny MINI's until they were dirty. Then we had pizza and watched basketball on TV. I had the oil changed in Stubby while we were there. Frank bought a Rubbish bag. :lol: It was fun visiting with Liz and Sammer. Afterward, we went to Geoff's house to install a supercharger belt using the new tensioner tool that belongs to the club. That went well until we tried to start the MINI. The battery was dead due to the fan running until the battery was completely discharged. Oh well, it was a fun day----
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"