February 27th gathering, Panera in the Northland

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

February 27th gathering, Panera in the Northland

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Join the Miniacs for coffee, a pastry, conversation and MINI/Mini gazing at Panera.

Saturday, February 27th
8 a.m. to ??
Panera, 6145 NW Barry Road, Kansas City, MO 64154

If someone familiar with the fun roads of the Northland wants to put together a drive leaving from Panera, let us know! I enjoy many of the roads near this Panera but do not have time to coordinate a drive. Thanks!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: February 27th gathering, Panera in the Northland

Post by davester »

We will be there with the feedbag on :lol:
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I'd like to make it since it's one major road up from me but I don't think I can...it's a little early in the morning for me. :( (I work till 11pm and usually don't go to bed until about 4am)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
x UHOH x

Post by x UHOH x »

I'd like to try and go! Considering the morning hours, I may not be able to convince the hubby to go, but... :brg:
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by minicoopers43 »

I was hoping to make the first gathering after i got a MINI again but i have class that morning 9-1. Too bad its not in the afternoon or evening :(
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Dangggggg itttt... that early on a Saturday. Definitely too early and too far us for that time of the morning. :roll:
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

getsalot wrote:Dangggggg itttt... that early on a Saturday. Definitely too early and too far us for that time of the morning. :roll:
The Panera gathering at this time of day on a Saturday is common among KC car clubs. The Audi club and the BMW club both meet at Panera on Saturday mornings every month. I thought we'd give it a go this month. We met there once before and had a large group. We're meeting North this time because we met in Lee's Summit and OP last.

If it's too early or too far for you, you might want to sign up to coordinate March or April's gathering. Both are without coordinators and we like moving our gatherings around, both in areas of town and time of day. Please give it a go--we would all appreciate your help! :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
MiniX4 John
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniX4 John »

I'll be there. I don't know what the sniveling is all about. Not everyone will be able to attend all gatherings. If you want to plan an event, go right ahead. No one is stopping you. As anyone else rarely steps up, Ragtopday ends up putting things together to keep things moving. I think we should say "thank you" and not complain to someone who is doing more than anyone to keep a community together. (Stepping down off my soapbox)
"Moxie" Snowberry White RHD 1971 Austin Rover Mini, 1275cc engine, 10" GB wheels with Yokohama Aquos tires, Hella 500's, H9 graphics
x UHOH x

Post by x UHOH x »

MiniX2 wrote:I'll be there. I don't know what the sniveling is all about. Not everyone will be able to attend all gatherings. If you want to plan an event, go right ahead. No one is stopping you. As anyone else rarely steps up, Ragtopday ends up putting things together to keep things moving. I think we should say "thank you" and not complain to someone who is doing more than anyone to keep a community together. (Stepping down off my soapbox)
:P Don't you know it's customary to grouse about early hours?? It's like the obligatory hitting of the snooze button!

So....Being the newbie.... How do I know it's you guys I'm meeting??

(Just kidding. I should probably stop drinking coffee for today...)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

minicoopers43 wrote:I was hoping to make the first gathering after i got a MINI again but i have class that morning 9-1. Too bad its not in the afternoon or evening :(
Glad to see you back! What did you get this time around?
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by minicoopers43 »

I'm glad to be back! I got a 2003 MCS Electric Blue w/ white roof/mirrors, bonnet stripes 133k miles runs great. It's hard to believe it has that many miles on yet looks so good inside and out :D
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

minicoopers43 wrote:I'm glad to be back! I got a 2003 MCS Electric Blue w/ white roof/mirrors, bonnet stripes 133k miles runs great. It's hard to believe it has that many miles on yet looks so good inside and out :D

Pics please! i want to see a beautiful electric blue!
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by minicoopers43 »

Here is one, and there are more on the dealers site still but i'm not sure how long they'll be there.http://www.cannoncars.com/inventory/5831A.html
5831A_1_of_10.jpg
5831A_1_of_10.jpg (93.94 KiB) Viewed 12390 times
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

awesome buy! that looks so beautiful! makes me wish i had got an electric blue. it was that or my BRG.
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Audi-BMW meet only the first Saturday of the month. Panera on S.M. Parkway, just west of Baron.
Mr. F56
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

DA MINI wrote:Audi-BMW meet only the first Saturday of the month. Panera on S.M. Parkway, just west of Baron.
I did not explain clearly what I meant--what I was trying to say is that other clubs meet at Panera (not this specific Panera) and that they meet at 8 a.m. That is all. Just trying to explain that it was a blatant imitation of what other clubs have successfully done for years. :)
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

I'll have my name button on so you will know me. Also a big cup of coffee. Y'all come and have a great time chatting and showing off your MINI--- Oh,see if Bob will wear his hairy hat :lol:
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

davester wrote:I'll have my name button on so you will know me. Also a big cup of coffee. Y'all come and have a great time chatting and showing off your MINI--- Oh,see if Bob will wear his hairy hat :lol:
Bob has started a trend--Jimmy Buffett was wearing his hat at the Super Bowl!
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

Count me in!!!!!! My peronal schedule has been conflicting with my MINI schedule these last few months to include next weekends go cart event. So yes, I will motor out to Northland for breakfast with my fellow Miniacs!!!!!
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

If I'm in town, I'd like to attend.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Danggg...you guy's need to unstresssss.... I put the goofy smiley face behind my silly statement. Just trying a different way of saying the ole " can't make this one". BTW.. we have said thank you in person to Ragtop at the many mini event's we have gone to at all hour's of the day and night and long distance locale's. SMILE :D :lol:
MiniX4 John
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniX4 John »

Please make no mistake. I was not pointing to anyone in particular, I was just making a general statement. To paraphrase Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men", I would rather you just say thank you than to complain about the way in which something is done.

I wasn't telling anyone to say thank you, that has to come from you. Rather, I was just saying that we as a group should be wary about how we present our sentiments to avoid someone feeling unappreciated, unless that is your goal.
"Moxie" Snowberry White RHD 1971 Austin Rover Mini, 1275cc engine, 10" GB wheels with Yokohama Aquos tires, Hella 500's, H9 graphics
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hey y'all--we've got a small stash of club prizes and I think we should use at least one of them in February. Anyone up for a "Dirtiest MINI" contest? What do you think?

We did this a couple years ago and the prize included a wash bucket. :lol:
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

ragtopday wrote:Hey y'all--we've got a small stash of club prizes and I think we should use at least one of them in February. Anyone up for a "Dirtiest MINI" contest? What do you think?

We did this a couple years ago and the prize included a wash bucket. :lol:
Awww. :( the dealer just washed mine. LOL

I'm really going to try and get up early for this event. :)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

I knew I shouldnt have washed mine! Ive got pictures do they count in the contest? :D (see the club facebook page for pictures)
Hi. My name is Tommy.