Possible Macon, MO MINI Cooper Rally 8/28/10

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Possible Macon, MO MINI Cooper Rally 8/28/10

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

Hey! My name is Hilary and I recently purchased a MINI Cooper in January 2010 and I really enjoy my MINI. I am going to be participating in the STL European Car Show on June 13, 2010. I am excited to see all of the cars, especially all of the MINI Coopers. :)
I thought it would be a great idea to have an MINI Cooper Rally in Macon, Missouri and was wondering if your club would be interested in participating in it? We are in the process of planning this MC Rally in conjunction with the Downtown Macon Cork N Fork on Saturday, August 28, 2010. We have some neat things in our community and feel like a 2 hr and 30 minute drive to Macon would be a short trip to enjoy a MINI Rally. Macon is at the crossroads of Hwy 63 and 36, just 60 miles from Columbia, Missouri.

We would really appreciate any feedback we can get on our proposed MINI Cooper Rally in Macon.

If you would like more information about Cork N Fork, please visit http://www.macon-downtown.com/
My name is Hilary
MINI Coopers in the family
BlueBerry 2003 Indi Blue MC, Black mirror caps & stripes, CVT.
Aussie 2013 Pepper White MCS, black top/mirror caps, chrome hood scoop & interior trim, leather seats, Automatic.
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Possible Macon, MO MINI Cooper Rally 8/28/10

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

if someone suggested me to drive like 2 hours 45 minutes, I would. Because I like to drive my MINI. And the Cork N Fork is a BIG event in Macon. They block off the whole downtown, all of the shops open up, the artists of Macon come out and display the work, West Winery will open there sit down place, so people who like wine and enjoy what they have to offer, and during Cork N Fork you also have a chance to win $1000. And the profits during the MINI Rally will be going to the Macon High School Cheerleading Squad for them to buy a new mascot costume. I would really appreciate more feedback from others, because I would really like for this event to be successful :D
My name is Hilary
MINI Coopers in the family
BlueBerry 2003 Indi Blue MC, Black mirror caps & stripes, CVT.
Aussie 2013 Pepper White MCS, black top/mirror caps, chrome hood scoop & interior trim, leather seats, Automatic.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Sounds like fun. I'll take a look and see if I can make it out but I might have to work that weekend. :( Will let you know though. :)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

I'll be in Kentucky that weekend, but this sounds like a really fun event. Sorry to miss it!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

My initial reaction is that kabootist and I would love to be there, but obviously it depends on how work schedules etc pan out. Good luck planning this!
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

we r a maybe