Garmin Mount

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Garmin Mount

Post by Minidave »

I made my own! :D

I bought one of the new widescreen Garmins - a 1490T and while in the past I've just used the suction cup mount I was looking for something better. My son gave me a gift certificate to CravenSpeed so I ordered one of their mounts. It is a single, flat arm that curves out and attaches on the back of the tach. The new tachs only have three screws on the back, and this arm only attached to two, consequently it tended to bounce and oscillate sometimes on rough pavement, and it wasn't quite long enough - the bottom right corner of the display was blocked by the steering wheel. CravenSpeed offered to send me a longer replacement, but I though I could do better by attaching it to all three screws and supporting the end better. Here is my result......I may leave it aluminum or paint it black like the CravenSpeed part, haven't decided yet.
Attachments
Clubman pics 015R.jpg
Clubman pics 015R.jpg (67.05 KiB) Viewed 2231 times
Clubman pics 012R.jpg
Clubman pics 012R.jpg (77.04 KiB) Viewed 2231 times
Clubman pics 011R.jpg
Clubman pics 011R.jpg (72.77 KiB) Viewed 2231 times
Last edited by Minidave on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Garmin Mount

Post by DA MINI »

I had a gominigo mount for my Garmin. It uses the tach mounting screws and an arm that sticks out to the left ( or right as desired ).
The problem was that it was hidden behind the stering wheel and virtually impossible to enter addresses or see the full screen. I considered modifing it, but returned to bagging it ( the Garmin ).
Mr. F56
Baron Ken
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Garmin Mount

Post by Baron Ken »

Anyone in the club have anodizing gear? A nice laser blue to match the exterior? ;)

Or maybe just black, heh.
I'm not affiliated with Baron MINI, they just happen to use the same title. :wink: