MINI Takes Route 66/The Great Race convergence, Joplin, MO Thursday, June 28th

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

MINI Takes Route 66/The Great Race convergence, Joplin, MO Thursday, June 28th

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

On Thursday, June 28th, both MINI Takes Route 66 and The Great Race will be in Joplin, Missouri during the city's 150th sesquicentennial.

Would you enjoy driving down with a group from KC? RSVP here with number of MINIs/Minis and people. Timing will come together prior to the event. MINIs with MINI Takes Route 66 are scheduled to arrive around 5 PM, cars with The Great Race are scheduled to arrive between 4:45 and 7:30 PM. (Please do not RSVP here if you are registered for MINI Takes Route 66 so we don't have duplicate RSVPs.)

Would you enjoy volunteering to help park cars? Nikki Gonzales has rounded up a few volunteers from 417 MINI and could use more. Raise your hand if that's you!

More info:
MINI Takes Route 66: https://www.facebook.com/groups/432800357281134/
The Great Race:https://www.visitjoplinmo.com/events/th ... e-returns/
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: MINI Takes Route 66/The Great Race convergence, Joplin, MO Thursday, June 28th

Post by Minidave »

I'll go, sounds like fun. I've seen the Great Race when they came thru town here one year, some amazing cars. Should be fun with a bunch on MINIs/Minis too1
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: MINI Takes Route 66/The Great Race convergence, Joplin, MO Thursday, June 28th

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Wednesday, June 28th, Caravan to Joplin for The Great Convergence! Read through for two departure options…

Departure Group 1 for those who want to VOLUNTEER with parking cars downtown: You’ll need to arrive between 2 and 3, leaving the south side of the city by 11:30 or so. —Who can lead this departure group from KC, choose a time and departure spot and let Nikki Gonzales know how many volunteers are coming?—

Departure Group 2 for those NOT volunteering to help park cars: Leaving at 12:30 PM from Quiktrip at 151st street and Highway 69. This group is making a quick loop to Baxter Springs, driving the entire length of Route 66 in Kansas and circling back to Joplin to arrive by 4-ish. We will likely stop at the Marsh Arch bridge. If you’d let me know to expect you in this group, that would be terrific.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
hayley
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by hayley »

I thought I RSVP'd but maybe I didn't! Jane and I will be there!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Well, best laid plans and all, I won't be able to go
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)