Let's NOT Motor Day, June 5th

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Let's NOT Motor Day, June 5th

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

In honor of World Environment Day, MINI is asking us to hang up our keys for a day, Friday June 5th.
http://miniusa.com/#/play/letsNotMotor-m

So who is in? How many miles are y'all pledging?

I will be doing this the day before, foregoing my usual 75 miles of driving with walking, running and biking for the day. I did the same thing for a day last month and it required a little pre-planning but was very do-able even in my non-pedestrian friendly 'burb. :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Big Papi

Re: Let's NOT Motor Day, June 5th

Post by Big Papi »

Sorry, and I mean this kindly but not a chance. I am for the enviroment and do recycle and other stuff, but Big Papi gets me to work and Friday is the busiest day of the week at my store, can't get to work without him. Not a choice for me I have to work and there is no bus system to get where I need to be and my and my wifes work schedule conflicts to much to communte, but I am with you in spirit and and if other can you have my support. good luck.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Let's NOT Motor Day, June 5th

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Let's Not Motor Day was a success for me! I had to "celebrate" the day before, couldn't do it on the actual day because of a balloon delivery (beyond inconvenient on a bicycle but fun to watch...) and the two of us exceeded our household goal of 75 combined miles on bike or foot. Other than having to cross the big scary highway a couple of times on my bike, it was relatively uneventful and not as difficult as one would imagine, even in Liberty where public transportation and bike lanes are non-existent. I managed to locate a few places where there is not only no shoulder, there is no sidewalk. It's definitely a car-dependent area!

Here's how the dog got around on Let's Not Motor Day:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.