Wheel arch trim pieces

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Wheel arch trim pieces

Post by MiniGeoff »

So, of the 5 clips holding on my passenger front wheel arch, 1 is missing and 3 are broken. Anyone have any experience removing the arch from the hood and re-attaching it? I'm sure it's easy, I wanted to get a confirmation on that.

Additionally, are the clips special or can I get any sort of clip like that? I'm sure BMW/MINI/Baron wants about $85 for 5 plastic clips...
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX
Punk_Mini

Re: Wheel arch trim pieces

Post by Punk_Mini »

I have a more reliable solution then the clips
these are tricky, but I used a washer before the tab, then a nut to hold each down except the first one. so the fender basically had 3 screws that didnt move and only the first one moved because it didnt have a nut. then I put it on the hood and placed 4 nuts on the end. This seemed like the easiest method without using clips.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I think the clips are only $1 each from Baron, did you check with their parts dept?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Baron usually has these in stock and Dave is right, they are $1.00 a piece. Maybe if you call ahead, you can pick them up on Saturday, if you are
planning on attending the party :D