ADVICE NEEDED RE. EXTENDED WARRENTEE

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

ADVICE NEEDED RE. EXTENDED WARRENTEE

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Have a decision to make by Monday the 27th as to whether I want an extended warranty on my 05 MINI S with 41,000 mi on it :? The price quoted by Baron was $2800.00. :roll: What that gets me is an additional 6yrs and 60,000 mi from the date of purchase of the contract. I must add, that this is for their Platinum level of coverage.I'm sure that there are some of you that have some sage words of advise. They would definately be welcome--Frank
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: ADVICE NEEDED RE. EXTENDED WARRENTEE

Post by Minidave »

Are you sure about the terms?

I think it's six years or 100k from the date of delivery or in-service date if it was a demo.............that's the way it usually works. I declined it when I bought my '03 for a couple of reasons, the first is that it's a third party deal, those companies have a way of going up in smoke - usually just before you really need them. Secondly, it's not the same as a factory warranty in terms of what it covers. Thirdly, it's a lot of damn money!

I'd give it some serious thought...............
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

The extended warranty company is in business to make money. If they estimated that the repairs would cost more than $2800, they would have no reason to believe that they could stay in business charging you that much. Put the $2800 in the bank and drive on, knowing you've got money put back to fix your car if necessary. The warranty company is trying to tell you that you won't need that much. :)

Don D
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Minidave, that is in fact 6yrs and 60,000mi from the date of purchase of the contract,not from date of purchase of the vehicle. Talked to Joe Reck at Baron who sells this stuff and he assured me this was true. So, I've got till Monday to do the deal so let me know what you think.--Frank
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

For $2800, you could buy a brand new Saturn---
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"