New Member of the Family

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

New Member of the Family

Post by ddmini »

If everything works out this will be in my driveway on Saturday :D
Not a great picture but all I had with me was my cell phone.

We decided to take advantage of the MINI financing offer went out looking at what Baron had in stock. We found this Lightning Blue with the Premium, Cold Weather and Convenience packages. It meets Debra's main criteria that it have Xenon lights and heated seats. If it only had R90s it would be perfect. We were wanting a Nightfire Red but there was not one in the United States equipped the way I wanted, and hey this one will almost match my Hyper Blue. I will have the windows tinted and a JCW Steering Wheel put on before delivery.
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: New Member of the Family

Post by MiniManiac »

Congrats!! That is a very nice looking Clubman.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Congrats!

I just drove mine 2,000 miles in 5 days, and it was terrific. Hope you like yours as much!

BTW, I thought you could only get Nightfire red on a Justa Clubman?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

Minidave wrote:Congrats!

I just drove mine 2,000 miles in 5 days, and it was terrific. Hope you like yours as much!

BTW, I thought you could only get Nightfire red on a Justa Clubman?
We were actually looking for a Justa, but the cars they had on the lot had nothing on them and in order to take advantage of their financing we had to pick from a car on the lot or one in inventory at another dealership. You would be surprised at how limited the choices actually are, even doing a nation wide search. I have gotten to the point where I like all the goodies and comforts on my car so those less well equipped models were not going to cut it. This car is primarily for me to drive back and forth to work and on all of our errands so the gas mileage of the Coooper would have been great.

How do you like the new sport seats compared to the old ones? From the test drives I have taken the new seats feel like they will be even better on long drives than the old ones. How much difference did you find in the ride? With the extra wheel base length and suspension changes the Clubman should be much smoother than the older MINI.
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
David & Debra
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I currently have a justaclubman in my driveway as my MCS has some work done to it. It is nightfire red and has some good options. I am very surprised with the difference in HP between this one and my S. I found myself with the accelerater constantly smashed on the floor. It may because it is a clubman, but the non-S doesn't cut it for me. It may also be because it is an auto. Good choice and congrats......again :D
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I can't imagine being happy with a Justa either, the difference in performance is substantial. For most of my daily commute a Justa would be just fine, since I'm just cruising on K-10, but for everything else I'd want the "S".........

As to the ride quality, definitely I think the longer wheelbase helps. But don't feel like you're going to lose handling, if anything it goes as well as my other car at Heartland Park.

The seats are a mixed deal, we got the stock S "sport" seats, so I don't know if those are the same as yours but I find the side bolsters chafe against my thighs, especially on longer trips............
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Minidave wrote:The seats are a mixed deal, we got the stock S "sport" seats, so I don't know if those are the same as yours but I find the side bolsters chafe against my thighs, especially on longer trips............
Ya, the seats are definitely not as comfortable as my Saab seats. I have the punch carbon leather on mine. I found that my driver's seat is actually "broken-in" and much more comfortable than my passenger's seat. I guess my butt in their for a year made it more comfy. :D
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

MiniManiac wrote:I currently have a justaclubman in my driveway as my MCS has some work done to it. It is nightfire red and has some good options. I am very surprised with the difference in HP between this one and my S. I found myself with the accelerater constantly smashed on the floor. It may because it is a clubman, but the non-S doesn't cut it for me. It may also be because it is an auto. Good choice and congrats......again :D
Thanks, I have had a Cooper auto as a loaner before, and yes I definitely had to mash the accelerator hard to get on the highway, but like you I am not sure it if was the lack of the turbo or the automatic. I have driven a few Coopers with sticks that did really well so I am leaning towards the new automatic holding the car back some. I was wanting an automatic for my commute during rush hour but after driving one of the new S the Clutch/Transmission feels much easier than my 05 does. Anyway I think this car will be as much fun as my 05 has been :D

Is your MCS ok or are you just adding on to it?
David & Debra
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Congrats on the new Clubbie!! Hope to see him/her? soon---
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

ddmini wrote:
MiniManiac wrote:Is your MCS ok or are you just adding on to it?
My passenger window decided to start going down on its own. They reset the system which fixed it, but apparently there is some new part that MINI is sending out to make sure it doesn't happen anymore. It is a common problem on 07s and 08s. I am not sure if they fixed it for 09 or not.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Mine's going in next week to get a new chain tensioner, I've had the cold start up noise a few times and they think this will fix it once and for all.

Also, I had a bit of a mishap on the drive in Nebraska last week, the side scuttle lite assy came out when I was going about 80 mph and banged against the side of my car several times before I could get it stopped - there are several dings and scratches on the door and A panel to be fixed and touched up and they're going to replace the silver vinyl too. They're also going to remove Frank's flashlight that I dropped down inside the fender..... :oops:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

Davester wrote:Congrats on the new Clubbie!! Hope to see him/her? soon---
With any luck we will be at the meeting on the 31st, if not we will definitely be at the Minis at the Market! I won't know if it is a him or her till I get to drive it and it lets me know, I think until then I will just call it Pat :lol:
David & Debra
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

:D :D :D :D

It's Pat!

I named mine Max, so that's taken......... :wink:

But with names like these it could be either, depending on how it's behaving that day!

Are you keeping/trading/selling your '05?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

Minidave wrote::D :D :D :D

It's Pat!

I named mine Max, so that's taken......... :wink:

But with names like these it could be either, depending on how it's behaving that day!

Are you keeping/trading/selling your '05?
We're keeping the 05 and trading our 99 Durango. It is a good old SUV but just uses too much gas!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

All right, another 2 MINI family! :cheers:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

My wife wants a clubbie too. We could join the 2 MINI club! We can dream anyway.
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

Hagar46 wrote:My wife wants a clubbie too. We could join the 2 MINI club! We can dream anyway.
We both like driving the MINI so getting another was a simple decision and we have wanted to get a Clubman since they were announced but things just did not work out until now. The only problem we will have now is trying to haul more than 4 people. I guess if we do need to move more than 4 people then we get to drive both MINIs :D
David & Debra
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Ahhh a new Clubbie....how exciting!!!! Congratulations!!! He/She is a beauty! Nice size to take the dogs out motoring :)
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Ahhh a new Clubbie....how exciting!!!! Congratulations!!! He/She is a beauty! Nice size to take the dogs out motoring :)
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

Marlow Main wrote:Ahhh a new Clubbie....how exciting!!!! Congratulations!!! He/She is a beauty! Nice size to take the dogs out motoring :)
Only one of our dogs likes to ride in the 05 so hopefully with the extra room and the flat floor in the rear the other two will want to go for rides also!
David & Debra
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

I am finally able to upload some pictures. My computer died Saturday morning and I did not have time to fix it until today.

In the delivery bay at Baron.

Pulled out in the parking lot.

The 05 and 09 together

The difference between Hyper Blue and Lightning Blue
Last edited by ddmini on Mon May 25, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David & Debra
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Congrats guys!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

They look great together. :)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
sundance
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sundance »

OK, I know I'm late to the Congratulations party 'cause I've been out of the country and all but let me just say "Awesome!"

You definitely need some graphics somewhere on that thing. I know a guy who knows a guy. ; )
2006 John Cooper Works GP - Stock
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:They look great together. :)
I was actually surprised how close the two blues were. I think that was one of the last lightning blues available!
sundance wrote:OK, I know I'm late to the Congratulations party 'cause I've been out of the country and all but let me just say "Awesome!"

You definitely need some graphics somewhere on that thing. I know a guy who knows a guy. ; )
Absolutely, we have been trying to figure out what to do on this one. I know I want black stripes and I want something on the roof, I just don't know what yet :D
David & Debra