At the wash!

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
LiLReD1

At the wash!

Post by LiLReD1 »

How is everyone? My first post here at KCME. If you guys frequent the dealer often, I bought the Chilli Red '09 Clubman JCW over a week ago now, been lovin' it ever since. I'm a car guy at heart, and never keep anything stock, so I've already made a few homie touch's. Threw in some new sounds with some beat for the interior, and installed the JCW aero front bumper, which IMO, looks 100x better!

I'm based out of Ft. Riley right now, but several friends and family are here in town, born an raised here, so I will be back often. During those times, I look fwd to doing "MINI" things with alot of you, and making new friends.

Buying this car was a pretty tuff decision, not because of the car itself, but because of what I was getting rid of. My most previous baby, "ole blue." I'll save you all the details, but it was an '03 Ram with 30k miles on it with several mods done to it. With that truck, I was the Kansas Chapter President of the HEMI Truck Club for over 2 years, and was very proud to have been so. Met several new friends, life long friends in that group, and I plan on keeping in touch with them.

I hope that some kind of comrodary can be found in a group like this, cause it just makes owning yer car absolutely fun, beyond what the car itself can bring.

On that note, me and another MINI friend I had met from the 50th anniv party are going to head out after a bit here and go wash up our MINI's, and probably run up to the dealership. Maybe motor around a bit, at least I will be. If you'd like to meet us up there and chat with some new KCME members and chit chat, would love to meet you! Take care!
toeknee

Re: At the wash!

Post by toeknee »

LiLReD1 wrote:I hope that some kind of comrodary can be found in a group like this, cause it just makes owning yer car absolutely fun, beyond what the car itself can bring.

I almost guarantee that you will make friends in our club. If you go to events and talk to people, you will make friends. Our club is composed of all different sorts of people---different ages, backgrounds, interests and reasons for loving their car. Be sure to check the announcements thread for official club events and this one for unofficial ones.
Congrats on your purchase, and I know you will love your MINI. Hope to see you around!
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

Welcome to the club! I am pretty new to the MINI scene myself, got mine in feb. I also traded a Hemi powered Ram when I bought mine. It didn't take long to stop missing it for me. The handful of events that I have been to with the club have all been great times and the people are great also. I look forward to meeting you at future events. Happy Motoring!!!!!!!!
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Right on! Can't wait to get out!

Myself and another MINI owner I met at the anniv. party went and washed up our cars then headed up to the dealership for a few hours of detailing. Then just sat and BS'ed up there for a bit, and had a good time. Saw a few of them get sold, and tried recruiting, lol. We were wondering out of all the MINI's that drove by if any of them were apart of the club. Contemplated chasing them down, ha ha.
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Congrats on the new JCW clubby. That would be a fun car and a dramatic departure from anything powered by a HEMI. Welcome to the club, too. Between work and travel, I've missed nearly every MINI/mini event this year.

Now that work is slowing down, I hope to cross paths with some of you newbies at local events. I was at Baron's 50th party, but didn't feel too well and left early.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

Thanks! I'd love to see that MINI p/u! I think I'm going to be in the market for a classic sometime soon myself.