Pure Gas Stations

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Pure Gas Stations

Post by mcconned »

I cannot vouch to the accuracy and/or validity of this information but thought I'd post anyhow. It's a listing of station with pure gas. Pure gas as in no ethanol!

http://pure-gas.org/
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Pure Gas Stations

Post by minicoopers43 »

I didn't see it on the list but Hy-Vee in Lee's Summit off Ward just got a gas station last month and it has pure gas.
http://goo.gl/maps/ArhJR
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

Reading the website closer, it appears they depend on the "subscribers" to post the info. It's a good basis to start with.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

The Hy Vee across from St Lukes on Barry Rd just opened their gas station and it too has non ethanol Hi-test. Yes!!!
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yes, but is it "Top Tier" gasoline? :?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Minidave wrote:Yes, but is it "Top Tier" gasoline? :?
I think I would rather burn Hy-Vee premium 91 octane non ethanol than the QT premium 91 with ethanol (which is a "top-tier" gas). :D
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I get worse gas mileage running the gas from hy-vee than I do running gas from QT.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

as I understand it, not all Hy-Vee's have non-ethanol premium gas.
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

The hy-vee I got it from said it had no ethanol in it... It's the one on englewood.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

I'm going to fill up later this week with Hy-Vee's prem gas. I will let you know what mileage I receive in about two weeks. :D

I filled up today at Hy-Vee with prem, non eth.gas. Using QT, I received 32.8 MPG @ an average speed of 35.2 MPH. I filled the tank with 12.136 gal. of fuel today. I will check in with new totals when I need fuel again.

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Dang I wish I got 32 MPG
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:Dang I wish I got 32 MPG

Drive like an old man! :lol:
Mr. F56
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

DA MINI wrote:
Counterfit_Mini wrote:Dang I wish I got 32 MPG

Drive like an old man! :lol:
Who you talking about Willis? :wave:

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

davester wrote:I'm going to fill up later this week with Hy-Vee's prem gas. I will let you know what mileage I receive in about two weeks. :D

I filled up today at Hy-Vee with prem, non eth.gas. Using QT, I received 32.8 MPG @ an average speed of 35.2 MPH. I filled the tank with 12.136 gal. of fuel today. I will check in with new totals when I need fuel again.
**************************************************************************************************************************************************
Well, I finally filled up with gas again. Although I only drove local and very ,very little highway miles. The results are these ---
30.9 mpg, avg. speed 29.5 I used 9.0 gal of fuel---
If I had been on highway, the mileage would have been improved.
Yes Bob, old man driver :lol:

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

So, your mileage went down?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Yeah, as I said it was all stop and go. This test was really worthless for MPG. I still maintain non eth. is better for the engine. I'm sure you have read the postings on Motoring Alliance concerning this topic.

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
kgreen66
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kgreen66 »

Hy-Vee in Liberty added a Gas station/convenience store. Their Premium gas contains no ethanol.
Hi! I'm Keith!
R53 2006 Chili Red MCS
16% Pulley / DDM CAI
Milltek Cat Back Exhaust
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

davester wrote:Yeah, as I said it was all stop and go. This test was really worthless for MPG. I still maintain non eth. is better for the engine. I'm sure you have read the postings on Motoring Alliance concerning this topic.
Yes and I agree in general.......
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Clubby Clutch

Post by Clubby Clutch »

Not really trying to beat a dead horse, but......

Would the QT 91 be better than a BP 93? or vise versa considering QT is top tier? Since taking ownership, I have only used QT 91.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

IMHO, it doesn't matter one whit what brand you use. I put anything and everything in mine (even regular a couple of times) , and it's never caused a hiccup......it's more important that the gas is fresh and doesn't have water in it.....so buy from a good high volume source, and you'll be fine.

My 2¢ and worth exactly what you paid for it! :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

I use 91 at QuickTrip most of the time. But I do use 93 at BP when I go to the race track! :mrgreen:
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

Funny that this has showed up. We just had a HyVee gas station go in on 23rd street in Lawrence which I recently figured out has the pure gasoline. I had been running cheaper gas in my 06 MCS for a couple of years and then read about Top-Tier gasoline and switched to running QT exclusively in my car. I have noticed that over the past year my fuel mileage has slowly dropped dramatically (from 30+ MPG hwy to sub 28 MPG hwy) and could not figure out why. I figured it had to do with changing the roads I traveled and installing a 15% pulley. WRONG! It was in fact the gasoline choice! I can prove it all day long. I make the K10 run back and forth to Lawrence all the time and after recently putting in the HyVee E0 gas, I noticed my 30+ MPG highway mileage has magically returned. I have plenty of data which shows that I will typically get better gas mileage traveling to Lawrence from KC rather than the other way, however, this past weekend I put the cruise at 80 mph and averaged 31MPG from Lawrence to KC with HyVee gas in the tank, my girlfriend and all our stuff (lots of stuff). I filled up at the normal QT in Stanley and drove home again putting on the cruise control to 80mph. With only myself and my stuff (much less stuff) I averaged 24MPG traveling in the more efficient direction!

Moral of the story: Top-Tier gasoline is bogus. I am sorry but when presented with the decision of paying the same amount for a bunch of ethanol in my fuel (Top-Tier detergents) or paying for raw gasoline ("cheap gas") I will chose the non Top-Tier gas from now on.

On a side note: Minidave, I dont remember whose class it was, but we purchased gasoline from all over KC metro area and tested it for ethanol. Our results showed that most gas stations in the metro had over the 11% ethanol limit. Some showed as high as 14% ethanol. You might see if you can find that test kit for some fun fuel experiments. Food for thought.

Hope this helps everyone.
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

My highway gas mileage varies drastically based on the direction and force of the prevailing wind; this is quite obvious due to aerodynamics of the MINI. Driving to CA across west TX with a headwind, I got 24 mpg. Driving back 3 days later across TX with a tailwind, I got 54 MPG. I don't think the kind of gas had anything to do with it. Seems like a long term test is in order, maybe. :)
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

WOW! And the saga continues...
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
Clubby Clutch

Post by Clubby Clutch »

WOW! And the saga continues...
Hahaha! I got my question answered. The general concensus is that Top Tier gas doesn't really matter. What's more important is that the gas is ethanol free.