mini upkeep

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
carrie

mini upkeep

Post by carrie »

I will be getting my new mini cooper s in a few days and Iam reading alot here on the site about people taking there mini's in the shop for work. Iam starting to get a little paranoid ! Is this car one that has to have alot of work done or does it tend to have problems ????Need serviced alot ? Hope I am not getting in to something that I will have alot of problems with and regret later.
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

I've got an '06 S and I've had like zero problems. Had to replace a windshield and that's about it.

Don D
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

Keep in mind that I've been doing a lot of posting, and mine is an 03 with 112k miles on it that has been run fairly hard for some of those miles, and the engine runs like a top still.

I'd say that there isn't anything to worry about with an 08/09 honestly. I had a loaner 07 MCS for 4 days last weekend, and it really made me want one. Ok, it made me want a JCW Clubby, but that's a different story.
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX
chknlil

Post by chknlil »

I've had my 08 since June. Has 3500 miles or something. Not a single issue with the car. LOVE IT.
monza

Post by monza »

You wont have any more problems with this car than any other car. I would say it is on par with any other quality car out there. Mine has 72k on the clock and still runs like new and flies like a rocket when pushed...plus im getting 29mpg average around town :)
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Mine is a 2007 - R56 and I worship that car. I have had no mechanical problems and like I said about 30 for almost all in town driving. It is by far the best car I have ever owned and I recommend it to everyone that makes a comment to me .
saturn

Post by saturn »

Had mine since January, have over 11,000 miles and I've had a couple of minor issues, warping hood scoop (S model), whine from water pump at idle, drain tubes from the sunroof wiggled loose. All of which is covered under warranty. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat! No Worries EH?
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

My MINI turned 67,000 miles yesterday, somewhere in Western Kansas on a two-lane road, top down and the speed limit being adhered to, I'm sure. :lol: We've had many fun trips together, that silly little car and me. We've seen oceans, mountains, the tallest buildings in the nation and the quirkiest sights Roadside America has to offer. I've never once been concerned about the reliability of my car.

I bought my cabrio in the first model year, which is probably not a good idea. A year or two to work out the kinks might have been a better plan, as I did have some issues with the convertible top, but all were repaired under warranty. I also had a speaker cover come loose within the first month, a spot of clear coat pop off of the front bumper, a teeny oil leak...and that's about it. I have a transmission notorious for failing so I save my pennies. Otherwise, I couldn't be more pleased with how well the MINI has performed.

What saturn said, No Worries. :wink:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Mine breaks all the time... but she's 31 years old too LOL :D
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

right at 75K on Matti - she's an 04 - born in February, delivered in April.

Up until 5k ago, nothing but standard maintanance - oil, tires, brakes, 1 windshield.

I have had 2 big incidents in the last 3 months -

1. Had to have the radiator replaced due to blown seam.
2. Had the computer control module go out.

Both of those were not inexpensive repairs.

However - the joy of motoring far surpasses the pains of maintenance and repairs.
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
monza

Post by monza »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:Mine breaks all the time... but she's 31 years old too LOL :D
i've got one that once you fix one thing something else breaks immediately and it never leaves the driveway (literally) . This past couple weeks its been ignition coil, then brake master, now an SU rebuild...I think it is telling me something :shock:
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

saturn wrote:warping hood scoop (S model), ?
Saturn-

I looked at the JCW when I was at the dealership and the hood scoop was not perfect on it either and it has basically no miles on it. Mine does not seem to be any different from it. I wonder if it is not a design flaw but a flaw in the material used for it and the heat from the engine in general warps it or maybe it happens when it is molded during fabrication. Need to see more of them to know.

What do you think and have you seen anymore of them?
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

monza wrote:
Counterfit_Mini wrote:Mine breaks all the time... but she's 31 years old too LOL :D
i've got one that once you fix one thing something else breaks immediately and it never leaves the driveway (literally) . This past couple weeks its been ignition coil, then brake master, now an SU rebuild...I think it is telling me something :shock:
LOL sounds like mine. It doesn't get far from the driveway. What Mini is that one that breaks?
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
monza

Post by monza »

right now it's the '66. All the stuff Im replacing recently is original, so I guess 42 years isnt too bad for a brake master or carb :D